• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Replacements for Jeff Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  12
  • Days Won:  0

“And the next Brian Kelly’s and Chris Klieman’s are right there in the FCS now, waiting for a beefy powerhouse in the making just sitting in neutral like we are currently. KC Keeler is 80-24 with multiple Nattys at Sam Houston State, Matt Entz is 43-6 at North Dakota State with two championships in three years, and Curt Cignetti is 38-7 in taking James Madison from FCS into FBS now in year one making big waves after previously being on multiple AAC school staffs and as the WR coach under Saban even for a few years.”…

Just bringing back a few of the lower key names I mentioned in my most two weeks ago when I said it was time for Jeff Scott to go. Thoughts?

I think these would be great additions to the pool of:

The Jim

Herman

Mullen

Prime Time

Simmons

Chadwell

*** Need either a proven program builder or an up and comer. No one else has had success here, and definitely won’t in this environment we’re currently finding ourselves in. Need HC experience.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

39 minutes ago, NewYorkerBull said:

The Jim

Herman

Mullen

Prime Time

Simmons

Chadwell

I like two on that list.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536

5 hours ago, hm101 said:

No one is talking about Matt Rhule. It baffles me.

Herman is fine but he INHERITED an 8 win, stacked Houston team, and then did OK in Texas. Again stacked with resources. It's so different from where we are and there's no evidence HE turned those program around. 

Rhule INHERITED, much like he would here, bad teams and made them winners. He oversaw facilities improvements at Baylor. He was won at our level (Temple) and again in the B12. 

For those saying he doesn't have recruiting ties to Florida, enough with this theoretical advantage. He had no Texas ties yet crushed it at Baylor. I'm tired of this "Florida ties" criteria because there's just no evidence it's helping. Frost had no "ties to Florida" before he won at UCF. I don't care if you were born in Space. Can you turn this program around? 

He’s a little too big for this situation. Guy is a good coach and should land at a better school than our situation

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536

2 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

Every time I read about Mullen it's about how he started out strong at UF and then flamed out because of less than stellar recruiting. If you can't recruit to UF in the state of Florida, I don't know how you're gonna recruit to USF 🤷‍♂️

Mullen is a no for me

Rumor is be is a bad recruiter. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, StPeteBull91 said:

Do you not remember the team Rhule inherited at Temple or the 2 win Baylor team he took over for?

Didn't say he didn't.

Rhule be a great hire...if he want the challenge. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, NewYorkerBull said:

“And the next Brian Kelly’s and Chris Klieman’s are right there in the FCS now, waiting for a beefy powerhouse in the making just sitting in neutral like we are currently. KC Keeler is 80-24 with multiple Nattys at Sam Houston State, Matt Entz is 43-6 at North Dakota State with two championships in three years, and Curt Cignetti is 38-7 in taking James Madison from FCS into FBS now in year one making big waves after previously being on multiple AAC school staffs and as the WR coach under Saban even for a few years.”…

Just bringing back a few of the lower key names I mentioned in my most two weeks ago when I said it was time for Jeff Scott to go. Thoughts?

I think these would be great additions to the pool of:

The Jim

Herman

Mullen

Prime Time

Simmons

Chadwell

*** Need either a proven program builder or an up and comer. No one else has had success here, and definitely won’t in this environment we’re currently finding ourselves in. Need HC experience.

I like your options better than the pool. Well... outside of the jim. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, Mango028 said:

He’s a little too big for this situation. Guy is a good coach and should land at a better school than our situation

Fair. We'll see, I think we'll at least try 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  12

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I like two on that list.

Which?

1 hour ago, Mango028 said:

Rumor is be is a bad recruiter. 

Mullen was a “bad recruiter” in a cut throat SEC landscape at a school looking for five stars all the time. He did fine at an also-ran lower SEC school. The step down into our G5 landscape with his background would be a lot better fit. Plus, I worked at a university with one of his offensive OCs at Miss St, and he told me the dude is hardcore and a great leader very much in the Leavitt mold. Only drawback would be he’d be a rental. He’d jump at the next best job. But I bet he could turn this existing team into an AAC contender as is, needless to say with some time. But at least he’d get us back on track by 2023 rather than the dreaded Three Year Plan.

25 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

I like your options better than the pool. Well... outside of the jim. 

I’m a realist, I know Jim might not be the best idea. But he’s the only guy on this list with USF (and Pepsi and chocolate milk) pumping through his blood. If you want a change from Scott — who wandered around disconnected from interacting with players, staff, really anyone outside the intern who ran him Gatorade bottles — to a guy who will bring a fanbase level passion into every single thing he did regarding USF, that’s Jim. It might not work, but it’d be nice just to feel the passion all around again.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, Brad said:

I like two on that list.

11 minutes ago, NewYorkerBull said:

Which?

"The" and "Jim"  😂

If it were up to me, I'd probably talk to Leavitt and Herman.