• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Defensive Coordinator failing these kids.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

26 minutes ago, Blackice12 said:

With regards to coordinators, they all look good and do great when they are riddled with talent.  When you start hearing coordinators and coaches talking about what they "ain't got" to me that means they "ain't good". 

DL is not a new issue for USF been like that for a few years now.  Can't really tell if the LBs are good or bad cause they been trying to shed off OL blocking them. Very few NFL LBs can do that.   So on defense it's a scheme issue because it been the same issue for a few years and it's a known pain point.  

Cunningham made a lot happen against the defense with his legs. Reminded me of a Flowers. Flowers used to make defenses look very bad. 

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

Cunningham made a lot happen against the defense with his legs. Reminded me of a Flowers. Flowers used to make defenses look very bad. 

I am old so....  Pat White, WVU QB, would make all teams look pedestrian until they played USF.  It's all about planning, practicing and confidently executing. 

• Upvote 2

USF should bring back Brian Jean Marie.  Did way better with equivalent talent.

1 hour ago, Blackice12 said:

I am old so....  Pat White, WVU QB, would make all teams look pedestrian until they played USF.  It's all about planning, practicing and confidently executing. 

I wish we had the Leavitt type defenses like that when we were able to stop the Pat Whites and the Urban Meyer offense at BG

13 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

I feel as though we are now the UCONN of the south.

No that is FIU.  Pray we don't fall that far.

18 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

I feel as though we are now the UCONN of the south.

At least UConn has a good mens hoops team so those fans get some relief in November. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Grateful Dad said:

we get the best players and coordinators we can.

And that right there is it. It's IT

You have to work with the raw materials you have. You're gonna get portal guys who come here because they firmly believe they will get playing time. Which they will. But unlike back in P5 land, they're not going to be surrounded by P5 caliber players as well. They're going to be surrounded by our level of players (and coaching staff). Is it a case of 'a little bit is better than nada'? And it's kind of like a vicious cycle: the program sucks (can't argue with that), so we get players for whom the non-sucking program is not an option. Yeah, yeah, yeah, there's always the "close to home" excuse (and I think the word excuse is fair), 'cause if you really want to be a baller, you'll go where that happens. U of SF is not a destination. It's a resume building stop along the way for coaches with higher aspirations. 

This is nothing new. It's all been said before. However, we don't go through life thinking "Oh well, my raw material is lame, so I just produce lame output". As football fans there is an expectation that coaches can actually 'coach up' and get results from less than five-star material. Results. Not national championships, but at this point in time, it's hard to hang onto "Oh well, at least they didn't hang a hundred on us" as progress. It's year three. We have no recourse but to ride it out and see what sort of results CJS gets from 'the best players we can get". And no, doubling output to just two conference wins doesn't constitute progress. It might look like it on the spreadsheet, but we all know it's not. This is the AAC. Not the SEC, not B1G. We're playing against teams who also get "the best players and coordinators" they can. We've seen how we stack up against P5 teams in year three. Now we just have to see how we stack up against our peers. :iconic_u_black:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,375
  • Days Won:  25

5 hours ago, Blackice12 said:

Coaching wins games. Our coach's speciality is losing games unfortunately.