• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Defensive Coordinator failing these kids.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

To those who haven't played organized Sports. Let me explain one of the issues on the defensive side of the ball. It looks like our players thinking and not reacting. And not being able to play 100% all out. Thus making our players a step or two slower than our opponents. If you noticed how our players look to the sidelines for the defensive calls, giving the "what the call or hurry up signal". And they usually get the calls right before the offense take the snap. Thus having our players not set. Or trying to figure out where they should be. To correct this issue, they should simplify the defense. We already getting our doors blown off. Just let them line up and play.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  537
  • Days Won:  0

But this is two seperate D coordinators 2 years in a row. Something is missing.  One thing is strength.  Our guys just look small.  I see these DB's from other schools and they all have guns.  Our guys just dont look that way

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,022
  • Days Won:  38

I'm also very confused as to how lost everyone seems and why the plays seems to get in late for all 3 years of the CJS era.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

But this is two seperate D coordinators 2 years in a row. Something is missing.  One thing is strength.  Our guys just look small.  I see these DB's from other schools and they all have guns.  Our guys just dont look that way

Well if we have a smaller dline, they should play gap type of defense. During our hey day our defenses was smaller. But they played tough and fast. These guys playing soft and slow.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

6 hours ago, goingbackbull said:

Leavitt’s philosophy has been missing 

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

All defense nowadays look to sideline for the calls presnap, specifically safety and LB play for the last 5 years stand out to me and this pre-dates CJS so you can’t blame it alL on coaching

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

DC should never be separated from the players. Puts unnecessary delay into communications.

Also, the playcalls are hot garbage, even though they are delayed til after getting a look at the offensive formation.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

With regards to coordinators, they all look good and do great when they are riddled with talent.  When you start hearing coordinators and coaches talking about what they "ain't got" to me that means they "ain't good". 

DL is not a new issue for USF been like that for a few years now.  Can't really tell if the LBs are good or bad cause they been trying to shed off OL blocking them. Very few NFL LBs can do that.   So on defense it's a scheme issue because it been the same issue for a few years and it's a known pain point.