• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Revisiting MK's OOC Scheduling Philosophy...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

46 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

Not being negative, I'm a realist. 

So you thought this team would steal a win against BYU, UF, or UL??

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  774
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, G25C said:

I did answer your question, not that you're owed anything.  Check the last page.

You’re right you don’t owe me anything. I appreciate your response as I was wrong!  Thank you.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

16 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

So you thought this team would steal a win against BYU, UF, or UL??

They should have.  Any team in Florida should be able to steal a win against one of those teams.  Any.

Middle Tenn just blew out Miami.  What advantages does Middle Tenn have over us.

Dumbing down the schedule is nonsense.  We just need to get better by any means.  That isn't happening.  These teams that we are getting blown out by are not Alabama or Georgia.  They are flawed mediocre teams.  Louisville was 1-2 and getting gashed.  We couldn't move the ball one inch.

We should be able to beat one or two of these teams every year.   

Edited by BullsFanInTX

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

They should have.  Any team in Florida should be able to steal a win against one of those teams.  Any.

Middle Tenn just blew out Miami.  What advantages does Middle Tenn have over us.

Dumbing down the schedule is nonsense.  We just need to get better by any means.  That isn't happening.  These teams that we are getting blown out by are not Alabama or Georgia.  They are flawed mediocre teams.  Louisville was 1-2 and getting gashed.  We couldn't move the ball one inch.

Actually 2023 00C schedule is a little more realistic. Bama, of course they'll beat the brakes off us. But then we have FAMU Western Kentucky and UCONN. Absolutely no excuse to not start the season 3 and 1 next year. Oh man I'm already looking to next year SMH

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

Actually 2023 00C schedule is a little more realistic. Bama, of course they'll beat the brakes off us. But then we have FAMU Western Kentucky and UCONN. Absolutely no excuse to not start the season 3 and 1 next year. Oh man I'm already looking to next year SMH

WKU and UConn are road games though 

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

15 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Gainesville sucks so I will agree with that but both BYU & UL I didn’t see USF on that level coming into this season 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

The OOC schedule is not the problem. Playing UL like a cold limp fish isn't UL's fault, it is ours. 

If we try to "weaken" it now we are talking about 10 years out. Who knows who will be good or bad in 10 years. We could be way off. We also will need all the big OOC wins we can get if we ever figure out a way to be good again and want to avoid the Boise State problem (crush it in conference, only occassionally had top notch OOC wins)

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

29 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

I agree with the 100%....no reason we should be this @ss

Edited by USFBULL_08

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, USFRaider said:

WKU and UConn are road games though 

WKU won 73-0 today.  We will lose to WKU unless something changes.  We will beat UConn by a TD or so and win the FCS game so there's that.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, Bull Nut said:

It looks like it's setting us up for failure every season. We need confidence builders in the beginning of the season, not blowouts. 

The schedule planning is fine.  USF needs the money to cover for facility upgrades, (e.g., IPF OCS) in hopes to get better talent; player-wise coaching-wise or just wise-wise. Unfortunately this will cost USF record-wise, fan-wise and other-wise.