• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I Want to Personally Thank CJS & Staff

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

13 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

I want to personally thank Coach Scott and the USF Football staff, and sincerely apologize for losing heart after week 2. I know lots of us wish the football gods heard our prayers more often in the past 12 years, but I believe that game in The Swamp was evidence of a huge turnaround in progress. It's as if the coaches and players felt our collective hurt, heard our appeals, and responded in kind. After watching their 3-week body of work, I realize this team is absolutely in the process of turning around - we just didn't see the obvious fruits of it immediately to start the year.

First, the players and Coach Scott himself all came around to high five the fans after game 2. I'll admit, I lost heart a bit after seeing what looked like little emotion on the sidelines in game 1 and only a few players coming around to the fans after the game. I also felt we should have overcome Howard a bit more quickly than we did, but perhaps that reflects some respect to Howard's team and staff and also shows the growth that has happened quickly over the past few weeks. After watching the game in the Swamp, it's as if the coaches and players heard our constructive criticism and made good on ALL of it! I don't know whether Coach Scott or the players heard our appeal to remember the dedicated fans who stay until the end every game, hoping for some high fives and to give words of encouragement to the players we come out to see, but they absolutely showed they care game 2. THANK YOU ALL! That means a lot to us.

Wow, what a showing in the Swamp! I saw grit, passion, heart, determination, and an awesome representation of USF Athletics all around. I just want to thank all the coaches, players, and the USF football staff who worked hard to show up READY. Forget the scoreboard: we showed we belong!

Of course we would all have lost our **** if USF beat the Gators. But here's the thing: we really did beat them in just about all ways except for the scoreboard. Looking at stat category after stat category, watching game tape, and analyzing the ref calls and no-calls, we really dominated the Gators on their home field. Of course there were a few missed opportunities, but it was a heck of a sight to see us even in position to have a few plays make or break the game (I'm sure many of us feared a blowout loss, myself included).

But that's not the most important part. I saw players who didn't lose heart when the going got tough and we were down a few scores already in the first half. I saw coaches fully dialed in, connecting with players constantly. I saw players giving their ALL and leaving it all on the field. I saw grit like I haven't seen start to finish from USF football in a long time. I saw a USF football team which showed up READY. And frankly, I saw a team which played well enough to win the game. I saw playcalls and a game plan ultimately which were very successful, despite the scoreboard. I appreciate the coaching staff for figuring out what would work against the Gators and having the players ready to implement it. I saw players who took hits in stride, both physically and figuratively. This was a team which finally believed in itself. I won't say the game result was referee highway robbery, but I will say the Bulls played well enough to win and showed WE BELONG. I saw a team coming together for what could be a great year.

This team has what it takes to give a much better showing in the W-L columns for the back half of the season. The coaching staff is showing passion and commitment. Looking back, I wonder if perhaps BYU just took everyone by surprise and the sideline was just a bit in shock during game 1. Had the UF game gone like that, I'd feel a lot less confident going forward.

In summary, these players are coming together. The coaching staff is working hard and I now see the effort being put in which maybe wasn't as obvious after that season opener, but was there nonetheless. I don't mind if the Bulls aren't a bowl team this year if they show up for every game like they did against Florida. Show grit, heart, passion, and determination, and we will follow you everywhere, Bulls. Keep on like this, and the wins may follow. But we won't give up on the team as long as they keep the faith and leave it all out there on the field.

I am **** proud of our team for that game in the Swamp and we could win no more games this season but give that level of effort and intensity and I won't give a darn what the scoreboards show. THAT was USF football, the USF football we all know and love. Wins are nice, but heart and passion are what we see in you and inspire us to reflect it back.

Thank you, Bulls. Let's stick it to the Ville, run amok in the conference, hopefully give UCF a final game parting beatdown gift (64-12, perhaps?) and show the country what USF Football is made of!

A War and Peace apology that is a little over the top.  Next time just say I got drunk and was talking out my ass previously, thank you for making me eat my words.   More succinct and much more accurate.  I am not throwing stones, I live in a glass house but jeez, that tail is all the way between your legs😀.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

If you have nothing nice to say, stow it.  At least he came back.  I know a lot of cowards on this board that haven't yet come back and I know some of you fit the mold. 

Just like @flsportsfan83 too.  Was way tf wrong and came back to say so.  A stand up dude.

Learn to appreciate that someone has the integrity and balls you may lack.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

I just pivot positions and pretend like I have no idea what anyone is talking about. 

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

13 minutes ago, Brad said:

If you have nothing nice to say, stow it.  At least he came back.  I know a lot of cowards on this board that haven't yet come back and I know some of you fit the mold. 

Just like @flsportsfan83 too.  Was way tf wrong and came back to say so.  A stand up dude.

Learn to appreciate that someone has the integrity and balls you may lack.

Yes well said. Great to see people own up to things. Go Bulls!! 

I'm sorry if that was too harsh.  Just bothers me that we'd rather go after the person than appreciate the message.  Frisco loves that.  Let's appreciate each other and provide some grace for fellow Bulls as we enjoy this up and down Bulls journey.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

I'm sorry if that was too harsh.  Just bothers me that we'd rather go after the person than appreciate the message.  Frisco loves that.  Let's appreciate each other and provide some grace for fellow Bulls as we enjoy this up and down Bulls journey.

Yeah I've seen too many people fade out just because they had to reverse a take.  It's just the internet.  

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

I don’t know if USF will ever make it to the Frisco Bowl invite but if we do then there is gonna be one big party full of Bull fans coming to celebrate our climb up to bowl status. Frisco is gonna be one hell of a host! Go Bulls!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

I am not sure I actually went after Faza, and I may have agreed with the message but couldn’t get through it, ADD kicked in on the 7th paragraph.  I also thought CJS coached a terrific game and was thrilled with the effort.  The original rant was alcohol induced and he went on a lengthy groveling rant to make amends, just stating facts.   He is a super fan, Iron Bull and from what I have heard a great person and was not trashing the guy, this is good old fashioned locker room banter, however some are more thin skinned than others and don’t always appreciate my quick wit. 

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Tulane was the 11th game of the season, with a lot of different moving parts than this year. Writing him off, or anointing him, after the 4th game of this year is ridiculous .....

4th game in the 4th season

10 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

this is good old fashioned locker room banter

Not if you don't know the person.  No need for it.  And you know that.

• Upvote 1