• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS Tweets, rumors and so on...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

Troy Aikman never went to class, give him a break..

• Haha 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/18/2022 at 10:36 AM, Jim Johnson said:

And the Rose Bowl Stadium in Pasadena is 30+ minutes away from the UCLA campus in Westwood.

This was from last December... and the first games this year are WORSE.

10808593.jpg

The attendance numbers during the Chip Kelly era are dismal, even taking into consideration the impact of COVID...

I think this is a trend for most college teams. I don’t have the time to look it up right now, but as of last year, most schools saw a drop in attendance; which is why I kind of like our plan for 35K and maybe an additional 5k standing room. If done right, 35k can look bigger than 50k bowl and if built at a high quality level, the old saying of quality over quantity will be appreciated. I think SDSU’s Snapdragon stadium is a perfect example of that. 35k but feels and looks bigger. 

Edited by michibull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

3 minutes ago, michibull said:

I think this is a trend for most college teams. I don’t have the time to look it up right now, but as of last year, most schools saw a drop in attendance; which is why I kind of like our plan for 35K and maybe an additional 5k standing room. If done right, 35k can look bigger than 50k bowl and if built at a high quality level, the old saying of quality over quantity will be appreciated. 

Yeah, but it's not as drastic as it was at UCLA... I'd like to be able to match the school in Oviedo, but not much bigger.

arkansas-fans-stadium-getty.jpg

Even the best teams and conferences across college football saw attendance drops this season

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Yeah, but it's not as drastic as it was at UCLA... I'd like to be able to match the school in Oviedo, but not much bigger.

arkansas-fans-stadium-getty.jpg

Even the best teams and conferences across college football saw attendance drops this season

Your absolutely right, not drastic, but it’s a trend. Yeah, 45k would be nice, but their stadium sucks and it’s reeks of cheap garbage, haha. I believe USF looked at all of that and I trust them, that this is the best course for now. Like they said, we could expand later if need be. I think from an atmosphere stand point, 100% filled 35k stadium is better than a 70% filled 45k stadium. Thanks for the quick look up, I appreciate it. 

Edited by michibull
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Seems that USF is picking up more steam. We have not done too bad this season with attendance through first two home games. Looking forward to see the attendance grow 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

In the comments he mentioned it's something we'll see next week.

Not sure if what he's talking about is stadium related. But a week from today will be 3 weeks from the BOT meeting where they mentioned they'll be back in 2/3 weeks to get BOT approval on the design firm. So it does seem likely that could happen next week.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

7 hours ago, bulloni said:

In the comments he mentioned it's something we'll see next week.

Not sure if what he's talking about is stadium related. But a week from today will be 3 weeks from the BOT meeting where they mentioned they'll be back in 2/3 weeks to get BOT approval on the design firm. So it does seem likely that could happen next week.

Clearly what will happen is the BOT approves the design and build team, and then we get super hi res renders shown up on the big screens at halftime of Q's big night

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

6 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

Clearly what will happen is the BOT approves the design and build team, and then we get super hi res renders shown up on the big screens at halftime of Q's big night

I thought they would hand out little mini stadiums to the first 10,000 ppl at the game?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,143
  • Days Won:  39

34 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

I thought they would hand out little mini stadiums to the first 10,000 ppl at the game?

That would actually be fantastic.  Someone should 3D print those.