• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

After 25 years, I may be done

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

4 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

Comparing apples to oranges when you referring to previous season games 

In 2 of the last 3 football games USF has played, they have let an opponent go on a 28-0 run in a single quarter. 

Period.

Could yesterday's version of it end up being the result of the first game played with a new QB who wasn't here in the spring, a new OC and new DC?  Yep.  I *could* come back at the end of the season and say 'well it took time but things got better'.  But now we're talking about what caused it, not whether it happened.  If it has happened multiple times recently it can't be a fluke. 

And if you're saying the definition of a fluke means 'it happened more than one time per season', then you still can't call it a fluke because there isn't another game to judge it on.  At best you can say it may be a fluke may not.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, cmhatter said:

Swore to myself I wouldn’t get season tickets again unless they monitored club access. But the hype got the best of my and I bought tickets Friday.

Couple thoughts:

1. Club seats continue to be a total waste of money. You can buy open market tix and walk in. 

2. The tailgate was good. It remains a good reason / opportunity to get family and friends together consistently. This is the only value I derive from the games. 

This Club Seats thing cannot be understated. I literally pay an extra $1k per year just for this and no one has EVER checked. It's wild and depressing. After seeing it again last night, there is no reason to renew with the extra $1k. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

In 2 of the last 3 football games USF has played, they have let an opponent go on a 28-0 run in a single quarter. 

Period.

Could yesterday's version of it end up being the result of the first game played with a new QB who wasn't here in the spring, a new OC and new DC?  Yep.  I *could* come back at the end of the season and say 'well it took time but things got better'.  But now we're talking about what caused it, not whether it happened.  If it has happened multiple times recently it can't be a fluke. 

And if you're saying the definition of a fluke means 'it happened more than one time per season', then you still can't call it a fluke because there isn't another game to judge it on.  At best you can say it may be a fluke may not.

Let’s wait to see how this season goes before we start throwing in prev seasons 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

5 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

Let’s wait to see how this season goes before we start throwing in prev seasons 

Lol fine but you have to agree you can't say it's flukey if I can't say there's a pattern. 

(My self imposed '24hrs post game commenting period' is ending soom anyways; so I'll be shutting up over what happened no matter what and trying to remotivate myself to go next week)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, T-Man said:

My name is T-Man, 56 year old, USF graduate, wife USF graduate, both kids USF graduates, I am a Life Long Season Ticket Holder since game 1, and I am a BULLAHOLIC...

I have been to the highs (Home games, all the UCF games, and at least 1 road trip a year).

I have been to the lows (Home games, all the UCF games, and at least 1 road trip a year).

Original Bullbacker, and Tailgating with the same 8 ticket holders from day 1.

THIS IS THE LOW POINT.

Next week my family and my not-so-rowdy friends will be there 3 hours before game time, we will tailgate and we will desperately look for improvement.  Yes, I would LOVE to see our d- Coordinators get the play scheme into our Players ON FREAKING TIME!

I WILL NOT VENTURE TO UF.  

I hope we shock the world at 1-2 and beat Louisville, however, our season begins against a very good ECU team.  They too, are floundering in the abyss we call the aac.  WE NEED TO BEAT TEAMS WHO ARE ON THE EXPANSION BUBBLE, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

I have already booked a flight November 18th for the Tulsa game, followed the next day attending Ole MIss-Arkansas.

My name is T-Man, and I'm a BULLAHOLIC...

You better come here for your weekly meeting.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

You better come here for your weekly meeting.

Always!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,849
  • Days Won:  22

Ok here is my take as a fan from the start.

#1 I thought all summer that with our talent or lack of it and our schedule, that 4-8 or 5-7  would be realistic goal

#2 I did get suckered into the optimism that Bohanon and the additions would surprise us to a 6-6 or 7-5, after yesterdays performance, I’m back to #1

#3 We we’re completely overmatched by BYU on both lines, our offensive calls were conservative and easily predictable. 

#4 Our defense is bad, not sure it’s any improvement from last year, Guess we won’t really now until the Louisville game.

#5 Bohanon is no savior, I thought his play was mediocre, but I think it’s hard to tell as we were overwhelmed by BYU , they might be even better than many thought. They play Baylor next week, that should give us an idea.

#6 I haven’t given up, but as a season holder that lives out of town, I don’t plan to travel to Tampa for another game this year. I will watch and suffer from my comfort of my home with better beverages and comfortable surroundings. Also save money.

# 7 Finally Scott might not be the guy, but he won’t be fired after one game, he will have rest of season to state his case, some might not like it and will point as his past record, but unless any of you step in and buy him out, it just won’t happen regardless how much you ***** on this board, specially if you ain’t giving money to program. Pretty much everyone expected us to be 1-3 going into conference play, that hasn’t changed.

So that’s my take, I will always  end with Go Bulls!!!!!, Move on Life is too short to waste relieving and ******** about  a sport.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, mj796 said:

This Club Seats thing cannot be understated. I literally pay an extra $1k per year just for this and no one has EVER checked. It's wild and depressing. After seeing it again last night, there is no reason to renew with the extra $1k. 

You’re going to be able to buy a ticket for $5… sit in club seats and access the club. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

4 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

Your counting too many FCS wins

Don't they count towards bowl eligibility?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Don't they count towards bowl eligibility?

Current criteria
  • The team must have at least as many wins as overall losses. ... 
  • No more than one win against an FCS team may count toward that win total, and only if the FCS team has awarded at least 90% of the scholarships that FCS rules allowed it to award over the last two years.