• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: BYU Cougars at USF Bulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

16 minutes ago, smazza said:

a coach cant hit a kid. you get fired!

leavitt never got a  head coaching job again because he hit a kid

aaron donald is a false equivalency

i said he did good things at usf

1. not a kid

2. sure

3. contracted adults both striking someone is a fair equivalency (understanding the status of the victim is a student in USF's case)

4. great things, not just good. he was by far the best coach for the job. 

I guess the only question I have for you is why is a full season's suspension not adequate? I think that is a clear message of internal discipline, without acting like this is some kind of villainous action that society will not tolerate. The point of bringing up Donald (who we should be able to agree was MORE violent than Leavitt) was to demonstrate that slapping in the context of football is not something people can't forgive. Why is your conclusion for him to be an eternal outcast who cannot continue his legendary journey as our first and only football coach??

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

49 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

1. not a kid

2. sure

3. contracted adults both striking someone is a fair equivalency (understanding the status of the victim is a student in USF's case)

4. great things, not just good. he was by far the best coach for the job. 

I guess the only question I have for you is why is a full season's suspension not adequate? I think that is a clear message of internal discipline, without acting like this is some kind of villainous action that society will not tolerate. The point of bringing up Donald (who we should be able to agree was MORE violent than Leavitt) was to demonstrate that slapping in the context of football is not something people can't forgive. Why is your conclusion for him to be an eternal outcast who cannot continue his legendary journey as our first and only football coach??

I don’t know if I have an issue with a coach smacking a player.  (Don’t get all PC on me). They are football players, not ballerinas.  Coach Bobby Knight style.  Some kids need the discipline.  If remember our Jr HS coach wrote “pusssy” on a piece of masking tape on the d line helmets and they couldn’t finish practice till they knocked the tape off

Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

11 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

I don’t know if I have an issue with a coach smacking a player.  (Don’t get all PC on me). They are football players, not ballerinas.  Coach Bobby Knight style.  Some kids need the discipline.  If remember our Jr HS coach wrote “pusssy” on a piece of masking tape on the d line helmets and they couldn’t finish practice till they knocked the tape off

I agree. I'd rather the loose cannon of energy for a coach than a squeaky clean wooden plank "attaboy" coach. Some people don't seem to comprehend what kind of passion the sport of football takes, and that we shouldn't be looking for a PR guy... but i guess college elites want "yes" men

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

Scott is another Strong at this point. Low energy, soft and weak.

Leavitt and Willie were butter kickers. Angry and passionate.

OC and DC were not improved. Except we have GB that can almost be a decent QB.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

On 9/3/2022 at 7:57 PM, Sellular1 said:

Me too… breakin into some stash

20220902_183310.jpg

****, where do you find that ****, i cant get it anywhere. the onyl time i could get it reliably was when i was living in ocala and walgreens started selling booze. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

3 hours ago, cophbulls said:

****, where do you find that ****, i cant get it anywhere. the onyl time i could get it reliably was when i was living in ocala and walgreens started selling booze. 

Got a spot in Atlanta that has it regularly, even snagged a 1.75 liter bottle.  Never seen one before.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

8 hours ago, cophbulls said:

4 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

Got a spot in Atlanta that has it regularly, even snagged a 1.75 liter bottle.  Never seen one before.

Just bought 3 bottles in Georgia as well. I had a few already so sold 2 to an assistant coach as they always asked me to be on the lookout for it.