• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

O'Leary Coach of the Year???!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

JL should be in consideration for COY!

4-7 to 8-3 and a BCS bowl!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711

Of course to S. Bien....any success at UCF has to lead to gloom and doom for the program.  Yeah...we're really worried.  We're so upset at his success that we're worrying about how much the program will suffer later.

Just like UCF will suffer from all the spending on facilities and marketing spending down the road.  Just like UCF will never get over the 0-11 season and be always remembered as a loser....okay.

UCF will be just fine and UCF has had everyone eligiable to play grade wise this season with exceptional GPA's.  Grad rate is going up and we all thank GOL for that.

Sure...there was the kid that got arrested..but even GOL himself drove him to the police and suspended him.

Can't rain on this parade, fellas!!  GOL deserves all the awards he's given.  Those mistakes at GT were takaen seriously once GOL found out...and I can gaurantee he let them occur again.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

True.  And add in the fact that the situation he came into was much worse than he expected last year.

It's still liken to the situation where someone pushes someone else into a pool, jumps in to save them and is proclaimed a hero. The only reason he is being considered is because he wasn't a good enough coach LAST year to get at least ONE lousy win against horrible competition. Those were Florida players he had and even less than average Florida players should be able to be coached up enough for a couple of wins against the dregs of 1-A football ...

I realize that doesn't come into consideration but it should. He has done a good job this year but the reason he is getting attention is because of the "notoriety" of the 0-17, which he heavily contributed to, and his name.

It should go to Spurrier.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Of course to S. Bien....any success at UCF has to lead to gloom and doom for the program.  Yeah...we're really worried.  We're so upset at his success that we're worrying about how much the program will suffer later.

Sure...there was the kid that got arrested..but even GOL himself drove him to the police and suspended him.

Can you imagine Leavitt having a bonus addendum in his contract about player conduct?  :o

I think his agent told USF not to bother.

KL

PS. FYI to those that don't know, O'Leary lost out on his annual $50,000 bonus on player conduct when he presonally drove his player to the police station.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

They don't understnad KL.  They only hear their negative spin on things.

Wonder what Leavitt would do in under the same circumstances.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Mavtech, you are such a jerk.  A lot of Bulls fans have complemented GOL on the job he has done at UCF but you choose to ignore those posts and just try to inflame everyone with your childish comments because some USF posters don't like UCF,never will and won't ever have anything good to say about them.  Go back to your hole Mav and post on your own board or grow up and post here with intelligent and reasonable posts.  if you know how.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

They don't understnad KL.  They only hear their negative spin on things.

Wonder what Leavitt would do in under the same circumstances.

Well, don't forget where you are posting.  I still don't understand why you guys obsessively post here anyway.  

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  162

O'Liar better win COY because he left Gtech in shambles.  On probation and partly his fault.  He can deny as much as he'd like but now UCF fans must worry if Georgie's got a little bit of Lou Holtz in him- a hard nosed coach, that plays by his own set of rules, and leaves every school he coaches at in worse shape then when he started.

O'Liar won COY at Gtech then proceeded to get them put on probation.  Now that's a real great COY.

"Sticks and stones can hurt his bones but names will never hurt....".  The petty name calling just reflects the author, and I suspect that you are bitter about how UCF is having success after all your predictions about how UCF would fail under GOL's leadership.

Good luck against UCONN and WVU.  They looked awfully good against Pitt last night.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Well, don't forget where you are posting.  I still don't understand why you guys obsessively post here anyway.

You'd think with all the good happening to their program, they would have gotten over this jealous obsession with us ..... Really kind of sad.

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711

You'd think with all the good happening to their program, they would have gotten over this jealous obsession with us ..... Really kind of sad.

We didn't start this thread.  It was started on your main board.