• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

O'Leary Coach of the Year???!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

What has USF done that UCF hasn't?

Avoid a winless season.....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To whom it may concern,

Who is Jim Leavitt?

Thanks,

US Citizens

He's the coach of a directional Florida school that didn't suck like a Hoover last year ....

We had a conditional Bowl invite in 1998.  Sorry.

USF had one in 2001. Sorry.

Good to see you're still crying out for attention, Mav.  If the Kanigits win the CUSA championship will you THEN get over this USF envy thing??

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

[

quote author=MavTechKnight2 11/23/05 at 11:20:34]

Correct me if I am wrong but UCF started play in 1979 and got a conditional invite? in 1998 sounds like 19 years to me not less than 10 for USF

Playing for the C-USA championship is like being valdictorian of summer school.

They may need to check O'liars schedule to see if he really won the games

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

That is definitely one very big thing!

I said something YOU have done that we haven't.  We did 0-11 all by ourselves!

That is a choice not something you accomplish.  UCF was only in I-AA for 5 years.

And most of the ones you thought of were inaccurate too.

Sorry.

Karl Rove, is that you?

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Weiss is doing a great job at Notre Dame, no doubt about that.  But for you to say that the USC game trumps O'Leary, well that statement speaks for itself.  You do remember that Notre Dame lost that game, right?

Yeah, and aren't I talking to a fan of the school with the most "moral victories" in the history of football?  Heck, in this thread right here we have MavTick bragging about a CONDITIONAL bid to a bowl you didn't even end up going to!

Weiss, hands down.  As TripleB said, if O'Leary didn't suck ass so bad last year, this year would mean squat.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289

GOL cleaned house last year and wasn't left with much.  The biggest change this year has probably been Steven Moffet.  The difference in him is due in part to his work ethic and the coaching staff working with him to improve his game.  So I wouldn't completely blame last year on coach George.  But with the coaching he was able to give the kids this year and the wise recruiting decisions, he's turned the team around in a year.   Picking up Kevin Smith and Joe Burnett was huge.  They're competing with each other for CUSA freshman of the year.  

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  162

Yeah, and aren't I talking to a fan of the school with the most "moral victories" in the history of football?  Heck, in this thread right here we have MavTick bragging about a CONDITIONAL bid to a bowl you didn't even end up going to!

Weiss, hands down.  As TripleB said, if O'Leary didn't suck ass so bad last year, this year would mean squat.

I am not sure if GOL is deserving to win National coach of the year or not.  But I am 100% sure that both Weiss and GOL are both deserving of the nomination.  Both coaches have done a great job.  If GOL had taken UCF to a 3 or 4 win season last year, and we win 8 this year and play of the conference title, he would still be worthy if a nomination.

The real fact of the matter is that we weren't as bad of a football team last year as our 0-11 season indicated, and we aren't as good of a football team this year as our 8-3 record indicates.  Definitely a lot of improvement, though, any which way you cut it. and GOL is a primary reason for it.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

The real fact of the matter is that we weren't as bad of a football team last year as our 0-11 season indicated

wow.