• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is this our Stanley Clerveaux?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,524
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Brad said:

I think reasonable people could agree that cop on cop physical contact like that is a lot different than being busted for prostitution or selling drugs or murdering emus.  I don't think it automatically gets swept under the rug when a cop commits a crime.  I'm not disagreeing with your own personal sentiment, I just don't think this is apples to apples.  If anything that guy in the video ended up having the "wall of silence" broken on his wrong behavior likely because he was so aggressive against a female cop that first put her hands on him.   I'm guessing she's a higher rank?  Maybe not.  We don't have the whole video but she seemed to initiatie the contact.  I might have to do some more research.

That looks like a Leavitt "choke" for sure.  :)  A little overstated to make your point, I guess.

I wish Stanley wouldn't have been so stupid and/or horny.  But it's even goofier to think he shouldn't have been busted because he's a cop.  We need less corruption, not more.

He was about to pepper spray a handcuffed guy in the back seat. She probably saved the department several thousand dollars in a lawsuit. The full video is online. She did not attack this copy, she was trying to restrain him from catching a lawsuit. My point is that cops have a 3% conviction rate when they get accused of police brutality or kill somebody on the job. It's hard for a cop to get in trouble. They get away with a lot of stuff and even when it is obvious and caught on video, it still take them 8 months to be charged. By the way that was a FEMALE cop who's throat he had his hands around. In Clervaux case, I've seen so many cops get away with murder (figuratively and literally) that they should have let him slide on this one. I'm a Black man, so trust me when I say I don't like corrupt cops. But at a time when we need police, especially young athletic cops that can catch the bad guys on foot, I feel they should have let this one slide. In the end, he took the risk, so it is what it is. 

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Jeez, that is weak dude.  He did not clench his hand and simply pushed the other cop back.  Choked another cop? Did you even watch the video?

He is saw the video many times. That "weak dude" is a woman by the way. He "pushed her with his hands around her neck" is that better?

567728346_FireShotCapture188-Disgusting_NewlyReleasedVideoCapturesFloridaOfficerGrabbing_-news.yahoo_com.png.0989b6462039f003ecdb32305751677e.png

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He is saw the video many times. That "weak dude" is a woman by the way. He "pushed her with his hands around her neck" is that better?

567728346_FireShotCapture188-Disgusting_NewlyReleasedVideoCapturesFloridaOfficerGrabbing_-news.yahoo_com.png.0989b6462039f003ecdb32305751677e.png

How can’t you tell their gender without pronouns in their bio?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

10 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

She is a cop in a heated situation that suffered no injuries to my knowledge however  I will not defend this guy and not a huge back the blue guy but their job is becoming next to impossible with the way they are vilified. Your hate is shared by far too many IMO and is contributing to the decline of our society.  However I also understand why you feel this strongly and recognize their prior contributions to your feelings.  I have said my piece and we agree that we wish he had not gotten fired.  Back to football 

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

She is a cop in a heated situation that suffered no injuries to my knowledge however  I will not defend this guy and not a huge back the blue guy but their job is becoming next to impossible with the way they are vilified. Your hate is shared by far too many IMO and is contributing to the decline of our society.  However I also understand why you feel this strongly and recognize their prior contributions to your feelings.  I have said my piece and we agree that we wish he had not gotten fired.  Back to football 

My hate? I've worked with Law Enforcement all over the country as a Project Manager for a company that makes technology for law enforcement. My daily meetings were members of different law enforcement agencies. I was the guy managing deployments of body cameras, in car video, routers, waypoints and the software that stores, classifies and manages the recorded video. Many of my coworkers were ex-cops. And some of my best friends are cops 🤷‍♀️ 😎 How could I hate cops?  I only have hate for crooked cops who thinks it's ok to violate others rights.  I especially hate the police union that defends and make excuses for crooked cops. It sucks Clervaux police union didn't have his back. They make it hard for the "good cops". By the way, the body cameras actually HELPED the officers waaaay more than hurt their cases. So if you meet a cop that hates body camera, he is just a shady mofo. 

• Upvote 1