• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Coach Scott Thread (All CJS, All the Time)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

This sadly dates back to the era before we joined the Big East.  This used to kill me walking around campus.  We need our identity back.

Yeah, I really do despise those people. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

37 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You can also add some USF alumni not giving a 💩 because they are too busy cheering for UF or FSU.  

I should have put an "etc" in there but didn't want to push it ....

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

15 minutes ago, Brad said:

I'll give Scott a lot for credit for this.  He showed up with this US2F -"United Start 2 Finish" mantra that eventually resonated with me.  I consider myself as someone impacted by the mismanagement of the program, the firing of Jim Leavitt and the deliberate separation from our past as a result.  Everything we accomplished and were proud of was flushed down the toilet in 2010, all because of egos and incompetence (and the dangerous mixing of the two).  We went into a tailspin.  We lost fans, thousands of them.  They're still gone.  Not only is Scott trying to fix a football team, he's trying to fix a neglected, broken program with a disenfranchised fanbase.  Those that sit back and ***** have little understanding of the disastrous shape this program is in.  He's trying to build a lasting program that can bring fans home (and players in), not just be the flash in the pan Tags-type that will get 8+ wins after three or four years and bolt.  Scott and Kelly have an extremely tough challenge to resurrect USF Football amid a fan base that feels betrayed, disinterested, forgotten, foolish, angry and detached.  

He is doing the right things. 

That is why I have faith in him and his efforts (along with Kelly), allowing myself to "Bullieve".

Weren't you once "Bulliever" on here? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

19 minutes ago, Brad said:

I'll give Scott a lot for credit for this.  He showed up with this US2F -"United Start 2 Finish" mantra that eventually resonated with me.  I consider myself as someone impacted by the mismanagement of the program, the firing of Jim Leavitt and the deliberate separation from our past as a result.  Everything we accomplished and were proud of was flushed down the toilet in 2010, all because of egos and incompetence (and the dangerous mixing of the two).  We went into a tailspin.  We lost fans, thousands of them.  They're still gone.  Not only is Scott trying to fix a football team, he's trying to fix a neglected, broken program with a disenfranchised fanbase.  Those that sit back and ***** have little understanding of the disastrous shape this program is in.  He's trying to build a lasting program that can bring fans home (and players in), not just be the flash in the pan Tags-type that will get 8+ wins after three or four years and bolt.  Scott and Kelly have an extremely tough challenge to resurrect USF Football amid a fan base that feels betrayed, disinterested, forgotten, foolish, angry and detached.  

That is why I have faith in him and his efforts (along with Kelly), allowing myself to "Bullieve".

The constant blaming of Jeff Scott and Michael Kelly is becoming a very tired narrative. They inherited a big steaming pile of bull manure... That's not even up for debate. And the fact that we have two people that actually seem to care about the program is an absolute blessing. 

Edited by Bull Nut
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  338
  • Days Won:  0

We really need this guy to speak to our players. Someone needs to make it happen.Tom Brady Football GIF by Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

1 minute ago, USF968 said:

We really need this guy to speak to our players. Someone needs to make it happen.Tom Brady Football GIF by Tampa Bay Buccaneers

After recent developments, personally, I'd pick a different source for inspiration ....

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,502
  • Days Won:  43

23 minutes ago, Brad said:

It all makes since why both Scott & MK have been locked in long term contracts. Their ultimate mission & goal is to get USF back to the power conferences. Tampa Bay fans will not accept watching or following USF while they are stuck in the AAC unless something happens with the college football playoff where AAC has better access.  

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

27 minutes ago, Brad said:

You need to post this on every other page when discussing the shape of the football program.

Hall Of Fame Banner Logo - Hall Of Fame Sign PNG Image | Transparent PNG  Free Download on SeekPNG

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

23 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

The constant blaming of Jeff Scott and Michael Kelly is becoming a very tired narrative. They inherited a big steaming pile of bull manure... That's not even up for debate. And the fact that we have two people that actually seem to care about the program is an absolute blessing. 

I can assure that I cared more about my father than a jaded heart surgeon that simply sees another vehicle and himself as a mechanic , I can equally assure you that he did a better job and my dad would have died sooner under my care. Care me up some success or the most caring thing you can do is leave.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

31 minutes ago, Triple B said:

****, that pretty much encapsulates the situation perfectly (especially the bolded part) and hopefully some will read and get a ****** clue ....

48 minutes ago, Brad said:

16 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

You need to post this on every other page when discussing the shape of the football program.

Hall Of Fame Banner Logo - Hall Of Fame Sign PNG Image | Transparent PNG  Free Download on SeekPNG

I think everyone appreciates this aspect and I’ve said repeatedly that I do and that it’s my favorite thing about him and why I really would love for him to pull it together (besides it being the cheapest, quickest and easiest path towards success). That being said speeches, handshakes and smiling photos can only take you so far and if the words do not start lining up to success much sooner than later they will definitely be fully uniting the fanbase in calling for their heads. VPMK is in his 4th year his vision for the program has so far yielded both Basketball and Football being in as bad of positions in terms of success as they have ever been with the most ardent of supporters calling for another year of failure, how long do you honestly believe that’s tenable?  I guess being lovable losers worked for the Cubs for a century but I’m not sure we are going to build the support necessary to follow their path. Losing all of the time is not a necessary component to building things, bridging gaps and being available and if it is only possible to pick one of those winning would be the best one to start with.

• Like 1