• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Three USF baseball players announce transfer portal status - The Oracle

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

7 hours ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

How do so many topics on this board go off the rails to nothing related to title?

WTF, really?

Because Internet.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 hours ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

How do so many topics on this board go off the rails to nothing related to title?

WTF, really?

I would say that the the topic title and the quality of the coach certainly relate. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

10 hours ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

WTF, really?

Well, because we don't highly censor or move things around AND it is the summer (offseason) where almost any conversation is good conversation.  There is so little going on.  If having a little diversion now and then keeps things going, so be it.

This topic hardly has the off-topic nature of some others.

We will expect much better focus as we go into the athletic season.  In fact, we will mark posts as off topic, remove or move them where appropriate.  Repeat offenders will get suspended and ultimately publicly humiliated and berated.  But seriously, being on topic is best and best is our standard come fall practice.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

10 hours ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

carl sagan billions Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

16 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

So what? Are you kidding? That’s fine, ride off into the sunset with your bag full of participation trophies. & excuse me, 2 of our last 3 were losing conference records, and the other 1 was .500. 

Still no list?   

We won the conference tourney and a regional LAST year.  Those aren't participation trophies.   You didn't address a single question I posted.   This is just more conjecture.   Like I said the expectations of many here are unrealistic and/or misinformed.  I don't get it.

14 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I’m not ready to can him yet, but if you take away about two weeks last June, his seat is extra hot.  Let’s face it, not much happening outside of two weekends where they caught fire.

I'm just not sure why his seat is any hotter than any other college coach.  New coach, had some success, navigated through some tough times, top notch recruiting class.  Those two weeks are a pretty big deal in the history of usf baseball and usf sports in general really.   This season started off well and then Jasiak went down.  That's a big loss

Edited by olafberserker

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

carl sagan billions Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

3 hours ago, Brad said:

Well, because we don't highly censor or move things around AND it is the summer (offseason) where almost any conversation is good conversation.  There is so little going on.  If having a little diversion now and then keeps things going, so be it.

This topic hardly has the off-topic nature of some others.

We will expect much better focus as we go into the athletic season.  In fact, we will mark posts as off topic, remove or move them where appropriate.  Repeat offenders will get suspended and ultimately publicly humiliated and berated.  But seriously, being on topic is best and best is our standard come fall practice.

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I would say that the the topic title and the quality of the coach certainly relate. 

5 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Because Internet.

13 hours ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

WTF, really?

I'd say every one of these are far more off topic than the posts actually discussing the baseball program in a thread about the baseball program.  But what do I know?

Edited by olafberserker
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

And they all seem to relate to the question as to why there are off topic comments.  I guess we shouldn't be asking that within a thread or pointing out that fact as you have within a thread.  It just perpetuates more off topic posts like yours and mine.

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,176
  • Days Won:  56

2 hours ago, olafberserker said:

I'm just not sure why his seat is any hotter than any other college coach.  New coach, had some success, navigated through some tough times, top notch recruiting class.  Those two weeks are a pretty big deal in the history of usf baseball and usf sports in general really.   This season started off well and then Jasiak went down.  That's a big loss

He’s 8 games over .500 as a head coach, so basically those two weeks last June are the difference between him having a winning or losing record in five years as head coach. He is recruiting well and should have some more time to build something consistent, but he can’t afford too many more seasons like the one that just ended. Injuries happen. Hitting slumps happen. Good teams - and good coaches - find ways to win regardless. And let’s not forget that he took over a program that was winning. His predecessor wasn’t fired, he took a job in one of the nation’s premier baseball conferences. Mohl didn’t walk into a rebuild like Scott or Gregory.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

21 hours ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

WTF, really?

How is discussing the job that Mohl has done not related to players on or leaving the baseball team?