• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ranking all 131 college football quarterback situations in tiers - ESPN

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  6

12 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

That would get us to 6 wins...

Howard, ECU, Tulane, Temple, Tulsa, and an unexpected win. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,064
  • Days Won:  38

On 6/4/2022 at 1:42 PM, USFRaider said:

If so, it would be fun to go all out for a bowl game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,695
  • Days Won:  108

26 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

If so, it would be fun to go all out for a bowl game.

When you say go all out for a bowl game, are you talking about the fans?  

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

On 6/4/2022 at 1:42 PM, USFRaider said:

That BYU game is so huge. Going into conference play 2-2 gives us a realistic shot for a bowl, and I dont see us winning @UF or @Louisville (their QB seems like the kind of guy that'll give us fits)

16 minutes ago, bulloni said:

That BYU game is so huge. Going into conference play 2-2 gives us a realistic shot for a bowl, and I dont see us winning @UF or @Louisville (their QB seems like the kind of guy that'll give us fits)

Even if we start out 1-3, beating ECU, Tulane, Temple and Tulsa is definitely doable. We would need to beat SMU or ucf at home for win #6 (the unexpected win  over a favored opponent). In Year 3 of this program, six wins should be the expectation IMO. 

Edited by USFRaider

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

19 minutes ago, bulloni said:

We have a better chance in beating ucf than BYU and that could give us 6 wins as well. 

5 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Even if we start out 1-3, beating ECU, Tulane, Temple and Tulsa is definitely doable. We would need to beat SMU or ucf at home for win #6 (the unexpected win  over a favored opponent). In Year 3 of this program, six wins should be the expectation IMO. 

SMU and ECU are the huge two games and will tell us all we need to know about the direction of this program. 

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We have a better chance in beating ucf than BYU and that could give us 6 wins as well. 

Very true. IMO the conference home opener against ECU is much more important than the BYU game. 10/1 is going to tell us so much about this team. ECU at home is definitely a winnable game and it should be a notch in the win column for a program claiming to be improved in Year 3.  I always get nervous for big games, and I will be way more nervous for ECU than I will be for BYU. IMO the real season, the season where we get some answers, begins on 10/1.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

5 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Very true. IMO the conference home opener against ECU is much more important than the BYU game. 10/1 is going to tell us so much about this team. ECU at home is definitely a winnable game and it should be a notch in the win column for a program claiming to be improved in Year 3.  I always get nervous for big games, and I will be way more nervous for ECU than I will be for BYU. IMO the real season, the season where we get some answers, begins on 10/1.

That was such a frustrating game last year. On the road after our big win so we need to show we can carry some momentum forward. But its rainy and we have our backup QB in.

First half drives:

1.) Fail to convert 4th and 1 on the ECU 4 yard line

2.) Xavier Weaver fumbles on the ECU 17 yard line

3.) punt

4.) touchdown

5.) touchdown

Up 14-6 at half even though we threw away 2 red zone opportunities. Then Marsh throws the 3 second half picks that doom us. Sucked, but definitely seems like a team that we should beat at home with a QB like Gerry instead of Marsh. 

1 minute ago, bulloni said:

That was such a frustrating game last year. On the road after our big win so we need to show we can carry some momentum forward. But its rainy and we have our backup QB in.

First half drives:

1.) Fail to convert 4th and 1 on the ECU 4 yard line

2.) Xavier Weaver fumbles on the ECU 17 yard line

3.) punt

4.) touchdown

5.) touchdown

Up 14-6 at half even though we threw away 2 red zone opportunities. Then Marsh throws the 3 second half picks that doom us. Sucked, but definitely seems like a team that we should beat at home with a QB like Gerry instead of Marsh. 

It’s a winnable game for sure. While ECU will also be improved, and they are well coached, they are not world beaters. They are on the road at our place, and it will still be hot and humid on 10/1.  For a team preaching progress and improvement, this is a game USF needs to win. I would hate to be in the shoes of Jeff Scott and Michael Kelly if we start out 1-3, drop this home opener, and then have to get ready for a trip to Cincinnati on 10/8. It won’t be pleasant among the fan base. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

38 minutes ago, bulloni said:

I agree the BYU game is huge.   Not just for our record and shot at a bowl game, but this game will set the tone for the season with the fans.  If we get schooled on opening day, we will most certainly go 1-3 before conference play and probably have another season with an empty stadium.  If we show up and win, it will give fans hope for the FL an UL games and conference play.

Beat BYU.  We will know at around 7pm on Sept 3rd.