• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

5 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I don't hate the team or want them to fold. I expect them to go bowling ever year. I hate the direction the team has gone since CJL and especially the direction it is heading under CJS. Hopefully he learns to coach over the offseason and shows us his gifted offensive mind and elite developer of offensive talent that  AD Mk labeled him.

Some definitions of expect:

1. To look forward to the probable occurrence or appearance of.
  2. To consider likely or certain.
  3. To consider reasonable or due.

With your pointing out how bad we are, how bad the coach is and how bad the AD is,  why would you expect to go bowling?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

8 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Some definitions of expect:

1. To look forward to the probable occurrence or appearance of.
  2. To consider likely or certain.
  3. To consider reasonable or due.

With your pointing out how bad we are, how bad the coach is and how bad the AD is,  why would you expect to go bowling?

Because if he can't take us bowling and go .500, the likelihood of him finding success here is slim. He cost us games against teams like temple and Tulsa with bad coaching  calls. He needs to show he deserves to be here or find a competent coach.  With Florida talent on your backyard and playing in the American, there is no reason we can't have competitive games and have a punchers chance of winning every conference game.  The offense needs to improve and if the old DC was the issue then the defense should improve. There  are no excuses left for cjs to use. He has brought in more of his guys,  third recruiting class, and third year of putting his ways on the guys. If excellence is the standard as he saying then he should be proving to us the fans and financial supporters 1 fbs isn't going to cut it anymore.  Time to put up the wins or shut up all this excellence is the standard  and what we did at Clemson talk. Focus on why you keep losing and improve  or pack your bags.

• Off Topic 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

14 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Its like if you hate the team so much that you want the program to end then just stop being a fan or adopt another team. Why be such a miserable a$$ fan? Just come online every day 2 b#%@ch and whine about the team. 

Yes, if we are going to fold the program, let's go full tilt boogie as we do.  I say set up fake classes (UNC), give out lap dances and cash payments, vehicles, and whatever else the players want.  While the name brand schools can get away with it, little ol USF certainly would not and be rewarded with the death penalty.  In the  meantime, maybe we can win a few games before we end it!  

The guy seems to have no imagination!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Because if he can't take us bowling and go .500, the likelihood of him finding success here is slim. He cost us games against teams like temple and Tulsa with bad coaching  calls. He needs to show he deserves to be here or find a competent coach.  With Florida talent on your backyard and playing in the American, there is no reason we can't have competitive games and have a punchers chance of winning every conference game.  The offense needs to improve and if the old DC was the issue then the defense should improve. There  are no excuses left for cjs to use. He has brought in more of his guys,  third recruiting class, and third year of putting his ways on the guys. If excellence is the standard as he saying then he should be proving to us the fans and financial supporters 1 fbs isn't going to cut it anymore.  Time to put up the wins or shut up all this excellence is the standard  and what we did at Clemson talk. Focus on why you keep losing and improve  or pack your bags.

Again, what did you say above that would lead you to expect us to go bowling? You keep giving reasons why there is no reason to expect it. 

17 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Again, what did you say above that would lead you to expect us to go bowling? You keep giving reasons why there is no reason to expect it. 

I am not lowering my expectation because of the coach. He should go .500 or find a new job.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,572
  • Days Won:  28

15 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I don't hate the team or want them to fold. I expect them to go bowling ever year. I hate the direction the team has gone since CJL and especially the direction it is heading under CJS. Hopefully he learns to coach over the offseason and shows us his gifted offensive mind and elite developer of offensive talent that  AD Mk labeled him.

I feel you and understand everybody who is frustrated. We all have a right to be frustrated. But don't let the frustration turn you into a bitter soul. For him to even mention the team "folding" is too much. There are TONS of teams that suck in CFB. There are TONS of teams that sucked for a long time, but their fans still love them. There are TONS of teams that sucked and then became a good or a great team. That is the life cycle of a college football program. You become good, then bad, then good, then bad and then great. Even Alabama had a few bad seasons. Muthafudding USF fans act like they are the only struggling team in this world. Good times and bad times happen for everybody. . 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

56 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I feel you and understand everybody who is frustrated. We all have a right to be frustrated. But don't let the frustration turn you into a bitter soul. For him to even mention the team "folding" is too much. There are TONS of teams that suck in CFB. There are TONS of teams that sucked for a long time, but their fans still love them. There are TONS of teams that sucked and then became a good or a great team. That is the life cycle of a college football program. You become good, then bad, then good, then bad and then great. Even Alabama had a few bad seasons. Muthafudding USF fans act like they are the only struggling team in this world. Good times and bad times happen for everybody. . 

Don't worry.  One day we will put 2 wins back-to-back early in a season and people on theBullsPen will be talking national championship.  It never fails.  🙂.   Right now, we just plain suck until we don't.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

This is true , but we need more bright spots from cjs in two years. What positives do you see from cjs? Do you think he is the guy,  if so why? What is holding his offensive potential back?

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,572
  • Days Won:  28

23 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

This is true , but we need more bright spots from cjs in two years. What positives do you see from cjs? Do you think he is the guy,  if so why? What is holding his offensive potential back?

It all comes down to the QB. We need one f our QBs to simply snatch the f#$%^&king job and run with it. We are good  WR, RB and TE. I feel our O-line will be much better. It all falls of QB play. I have no favorite, just want SOMEBODY to utilize this great opportunity.  I also have faith in our defense. The fact that we are still going to add 2 more d-line players before fall camp has me excited b/c I'm already happy with the current additions and the players coming back. We have awesome uniforms and a great strength of schedule. Way to much opportunity in front of us to not to have some type of success. A 6 win bowl game season is the lowest goal, 8-5 would be a "great" season and 10 wins or more would make 2022 a miraculous season. 

4 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

It all comes down to the QB. We need one f our QBs to simply snatch the f#$%^&king job and run with it. We are good  WR, RB and TE. I feel our O-line will be much better. It all falls of QB play. I have no favorite, just want SOMEBODY to utilize this great opportunity.  I also have faith in our defense. The fact that we are still going to add 2 more d-line players before fall camp has me excited b/c I'm already happy with the current additions and the players coming back. We have awesome uniforms and a great strength of schedule. Way to much opportunity in front of us to not to have some type of success. A 6 win bowl game season is the lowest goal, 8-5 would be a "great" season and 10 wins or more would make 2022 a miraculous season. 

I agree with what you said and if cjs can't do that, then bring in a coach that can. It scares me that he brought in fortin and that was his key qb transfer and he failed under him. He was supposed to be a qb,wr, and passing game  guru. Hopefully one of the qbs and the offense take multiple steps forward this year. We need quality oline recruits now we lost two of his recruits  with four years of eligibility  and will have several oline move on after  this year.