• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa Bay Times providing content that might make you feel a little optimistic for USF FB in 2022

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Some of this is simply optics so they are not a dead man walking on the recruiting trail, if any buyout was increased then I would agree with Puc.

I would get that but in the CJS example he had three years left, some coaches don’t even get signed initially for more than that.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I’ve already shown you that the vast majority of guaranteed money isn’t publicly available, isn’t known until after termination and is claimed not to exist prior to the termination so I’m not quite sure what you expect me to do but it’s extremely likely based on every other coaching contract that a longer contract means more guaranteed exposure and you definitely know that. Don’t be a silly person, you know it was dumb and wrong and even an elementary school child can explain why. The dc was fired for dealing with the same problems as CJS gained an extension for while having less control, that’s irreconcilable.

Under normal circumstances, an extension usually does mean that. This wasn't under normal circumstances for either CBG or CJS so until one or both is fired we won't really know so you can keep assuming as long as you want ..... and if you keep beating the drum that he was extended because of his failure, you're the one who'll continue to be the silly person.

Just now, Triple B said:

Under normal circumstances, an extension usually does mean that. This wasn't under normal circumstances for either CBG or CJS so until one or both is fired we won't really know so you can keep assuming as long as you want ..... and if you keep beating the drum that he was extended because of his failure, you're the one who'll continue to be the silly person.

I mean that’s not the stated reason but since the only thing he has demonstrated is embarrassing failure that’s the only thing that led to his extension, well I guess their is hope and dreams but that without works is nothing 

17 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Some of this is simply optics so they are not a dead man walking on the recruiting trail,

The CBG extension mainly. Something was going to have to be done at the end of the year one way or the other with him.

17 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

if any buyout was increased then I would agree with Puc.

I'd have a hard time not somewhat agreeing with him, too ....

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I mean that’s not the stated reason but since the only thing he has demonstrated is embarrassing failure that’s the only thing that led to his extension

Just stop. You sound loony ....

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Just stop. You sound loony ....

Out of the hundreds of college ads one moron stands alone with his gfi; the idea and the unconscionable defense of it is the looney position. If you come up with a market differentiator and not a single person copies it it’s because it’s a bad idea.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Out of the hundreds of college ads one moron stands alone with his gfi; the idea and the unconscionable defense of it is the looney position. If you come up with a market differentiator and not a single person copies it it’s because it’s a bad idea.

Nobody is actually disagreeing however the beef is your argument is redundant and people are tired of talking about it.  We are stuck in purgatory until they kick the ball off and 7 more months of calling this administration ass is more than most can take.

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Nobody is actually disagreeing however the beef is your argument is redundant and people are tired of talking about it.  We are stuck in purgatory until they kick the ball off and 7 more months of calling this administration ass is more than most can take.

I take more days off than a government employee, at the worst  I’m traveling every other week and rarely posting or responding and I only jumped in here to point out that Joey et al are worthless clowns and the daily fish wrapper cannot disappear fast enough. I can’t help what people choose to engage me in or that that they don’t know even though it was quite recent that our pubic facing contracts don’t have a fraction of the punitive components our failed leadership agrees to.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I take more days off than a government employee, at the worst  I’m traveling every other week and rarely posting or responding and I only jumped in here to point out that Joey et al are worthless clowns and the daily fish wrapper cannot disappear fast enough. I can’t help what people choose to engage me in or that that they don’t know even though it was quite recent that our pubic facing contracts don’t have a fraction of the punitive components our failed leadership agrees to.

I have been fading away like a fart in the wind as well.  JK is a Troy U grad, and a little nerd as well from a irrelevant school.  Nobody but a couple old codgers reads a newspaper anymore so just ignore that little  dork until he disappears.  I realize you have heat with him from way back then but it is over and he will be soon enough, ******* newspapers are archaic.

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

I have been fading away like a fart in the wind as well.  JK is a Troy U grad, and a little nerd as well from a irrelevant school.  Nobody but a couple old codgers reads a newspaper anymore so just ignore that little  dork until he disappears.  I realize you have heat with him from way back then but it is over and he will be soon enough, ******* newspapers are archaic.

Athletics are escapism, that I can even pretend to care about being mad at someone because they write silly tweets about us is easily the best part of most of my days