• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls vs Temple-ESPN+

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,870
  • Days Won:  67

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

When I was there it was before Barkowski. My first NFL game was Falcons vs Rams (of course). I thought it was the Taj Mahal 😂😂. Nine years old and going to the big city 😂. I had many friends who cheered for Dallas, who the Rams could beat in the 70s a few time in the playoffs. But the problem was the Vikings and Steelers fans who the Rams could never beat. Friends used to ride me hard on that ****. No one, and I mean no one but myself was a Rams fan when I was a kid…which I liked. Kind of like being a USF football fan today...😀

Fran Tarkenton was a Georgia boy, were you in Valdosta, Cordele,  Albany, Macon, Tifton, Brunswick, Perry, Warner Robins?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Fran Tarkenton was a Georgia boy, were you in Valdosta, Cordele,  Albany, Macon, Tifton, Brunswick, Perry, Warner Robins?

**** kid you know your FB history. After Fran’s freshman year he was ready to leave and transfer to Florida state but Wally Butts talked him out of it. Fran won an SEC Championship. Played for the expansion Vikings, traded to the Giants, then back to the Vikes. It was at that time he started wining NFC Championships. Twice at the expense of the Rams. 

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

**** kid you know your FB history. After Fran’s freshman year he was ready to leave and transfer to Florida state but Wally Butts talked him out of it. Fran won an SEC Championship. Played for the expansion Vikings, traded to the Giants, then back to the Vikes. It was at that time he started wining NFC Championships. Twice at the expense of the Rams. 

Only reason I knew that one is because my brother in law banged his daughter and lived in Georgia and met him.  Fran was the first scrambler and he changed the game. 

20 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Only reason I knew that one is because my brother in law banged his daughter and lived in Georgia and met him.  Fran was the first scrambler and he changed the game. 

😂😂😂…should have figured sex was part of the equation. I saw a pic of his daughter back in the 1980s, not too shabby.😂

Edited by NewEnglandBull

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

😂😂😂…should have figured sex was part of the equation. I saw a pic of his daughter back in the 1980s, not too shabby.😂

I was a die hard fan back in the day, not as much nowadays however the playoffs and the NFL have gotten interesting, Go Bucs!

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I was a die hard fan back in the day, not as much nowadays however the playoffs and the NFL have gotten interesting, Go Bucs!

I was a big fan during the late 1970s and the Herschel Walker days. Obviously my brother (who you met) and his family went crazy a couple of weeks ago. After giving all my blood to USF I just don’t have anything left for Georgia.

19 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I was a big fan during the late 1970s and the Herschel Walker days. Obviously my brother (who you met) and his family went crazy a couple of weeks ago. After giving all my blood to USF I just don’t have anything left for Georgia.

Last divisional playoff game at Ray Jay I was at, Bucs blew out SF and closed down the vet the next week,  god that was great. I went to sleep at half during the CF playoff they were the best teams, great talent but college football playoffs are no longer interesting unless of course you marry your cousin, 

11 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Last divisional playoff game at Ray Jay I was at, Bucs blew out SF and closed down the vet the next week,  god that was great. I went to sleep at half during the CF playoff they were the best teams, great talent but college football playoffs are no longer interesting unless of course you marry your cousin, 

Agreed…CFB is turning into a regional sport for those universities who can/want to spend $20 mil on recruiting. The game is designed terribly. It’s the only sport I know of you can win a championship and still get the top 10 players the next year. I will always follow USF in sports as it is my alma mater but I really don’t give two 💩  about the other teams. The NFL is an amazing product and thanks to tv and the Internet you can live anywhere and follow your team exclusively (the same for USF of course). Like USF, I listen to pregame and postgame of the Rams and don’t miss a game. I read the LA Times, etc. The NFL delivers an amazing product and it’s easy to follow. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Agreed…CFB is turning into a regional sport for those universities who can/want to spend $20 mil on recruiting. I will always follow USF in sports as it is my alma mater but I really don’t give two 💩  about the other teams. The NFL is an amazing product and thanks to tv and the Internet you can live anywhere and follow your team exclusively (the same for USF of course). Like USF, I listen to pregame and postgame of the Rams and don’t miss a game. I read the LA Times, etc. The NFL delivers an amazing product and it’s easy to follow. 

They stopped the political nonsense and the product is awesome, loving the playoffs, over the DAK shitstorm in Dallas.

Just now, Friscobull said:

They stopped the political nonsense and the product is awesome, loving the playoffs, over the DAK shitstorm in Dallas.

Yeah that Dallas game was a crazy ending for sure.