• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Now Michael Kelly gets an extension

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,504
  • Days Won:  13

MK_USF_Family_2021_JAA_7.jpg?preset=larg

Kelly has led Athletics to numerous record-breaking achievements in first three and a half years.

Everyone gets an extension. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

**** what is this Oprah????

oprah winfrey GIF

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

Funny enough I can actually understand getting him an extension because his contract was up next year and we finally have football facilities improvements under his watch (in addition to the other sports' achievements highlighted in the article).

But I still just can't understand/like the bulk extensions he in turn gave out because there was no such contract time crunch in Scott's case, nor a massive achievement to point to in his first two years.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

There have to be some things going on that we don't know about.  Hopefully a b12 invite in the works.  Or perhaps they are in talks with the new "athletically-minded" president, and the candidate they have in mind wanted all these housekeeping things done before he/she formally accepted the job?  I have no clue.  Just speculating out loud.  (just like any other "expert" out there).  🙂.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

32 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

This better mean big 12 is a sure thing.

I was thinking the same thing…for all of this mess. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Contract extensions-Poo!  They mean little except to the person receiving one. If, our AD or any of the coaches have success and are desired by another university, the contract will be broken. The university that is poaching will cover the buy-out clause$$ as part of their hiring package. IF CJS somehow turns USF into a winning powerhouse that impresses and gets national recognition, and his services are wanted in the P5--I would bet he will be heading down the road to a new gig. SO...It is what it is...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,630
  • Days Won:  25

41 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Funny enough I can actually understand getting him an extension because his contract was up next year and we finally have football facilities improvements under his watch (in addition to the other sports' achievements highlighted in the article).

But I still just can't understand/like the bulk extensions he in turn gave out because there was no such contract time crunch in Scott's case, nor a massive achievement to point to in his first two years.

I agree with you. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,488
  • Days Won:  13

45 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Contract extensions-Poo!  They mean little except to the person receiving one. If, our AD or any of the coaches have success and are desired by another university, the contract will be broken. The university that is poaching will cover the buy-out clause$$ as part of their hiring package. IF CJS somehow turns USF into a winning powerhouse that impresses and gets national recognition, and his services are wanted in the P5--I would bet he will be heading down the road to a new gig. SO...It is what it is...

I don't think it would be ANY P5 gig... remember, USF is not the first school to want CJS was their head coach and he waited.  Sure, if Clemson called I bet he would go... but he might not leave for the likes of Wake Forest or Vanderbilt or Arizona. 

I could be wrong, but I think there are somethings more important to CJS than a bigger paycheck.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, Jim Johnson said:

I don't think it would be ANY P5 gig... remember, USF is not the first school to want CJS was their head coach and he waited.  Sure, if Clemson called I bet he would go... but he might not leave for the likes of Wake Forest or Vanderbilt or Arizona. 

I could be wrong, but I think there are somethings more important to CJS than a bigger paycheck.

If he builds a winner at USF?? Hopefully, you are correct?? He has mentioned "10 years" in several of his interviews/appearances so we shall see. 

**your in Raleigh we use to live up at Lake Gaston**   save that info might be question for a quiz show