• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A look at our Football team for 2022 - New additions, Starting Line-ups & Depth

Message added by Brad,

Updated:

CCS Player No longer on team ---> Will Fowler            
  Transfer from last year or before   Zack Mendoza   (JUCO - Snow College)            
  2022 Recruit   Sainterling, Sebastian RS JR            
  Last minute PWO addition   Matthew McDuffie            
  CJS Recruit   Michael Cucci            
  CCS transition class to CJS   Herring, Jalen FR            
  No longer on the team   Gabe Nealy            
OFFENSE Player 1 Player 2 Player 3 Player 4 Player 5 Player 6 Player 7 Player 8 Player 9
WR-X Weaver, Xavier JR (CCS) Latrell Williams (CCS) Sincere Brown Holden Willis CAMERON COBB (PWO) TRESON EVERETT (PWO) TREY WAGNER (PWO)    
WR-Z Dollison, Omarion SO Ajou Ajou (Clemson) WR 1 Terry, Yusuf RS FR/TR Logan Berryhill Cade Roberts   WR   Garret Reynolds Bailey Purcell    
WR-SL Horn Jr., Jimmy FR Atkins, Sean RS SO Khafre Brown (North Carolina)  Christian Helms Javohn Thomas   WR   Cameron Cobb (PWO) Malcolm Seaborn    
TE Carter, Chris RS JR Chris Mottillo (Penn) Gunnar Greenwald Jayson Littlejohn 
(College of the Sequoias) 
Jackson Long Bronte Gallo (PWO) Flaubert Akepeu COLLIN AFFLECK (PWO)  
RB Mangham, Jaren JR/TR Joiner, Kelley JR Battie, Brian SO (CCS) Mychael Hamilton Michael Dukes (Clemson) K'wan Powell (PWO) Jason Albritton Yasias Young Daylan Felton
QB Gerry Bohanon (Baylor) Katravis Marsh (USF) McClain, Timmy FR Byrum Brown  Jordan Smith (CCS) Gunnar Smith   Ridge Jacobs Ryan Bolduc (PWO) Gavin Gosnell
LT Jennings, Donovan SR Blanchard, Joshua RS SO Drew Cornelius            
LG Harris, Demetris RS SR Andrew Kilfoyl Brock Parry            
OC Cecil, Brad SR Zach Perkins (Maryland) Patric Marconi Alec Valet          
RG Hall, Dustyn RS SO Mike Lofton (UCF)  Cole Best            
RT Jacobs, Demontrey SR/TR Derrell Bailey Jr (Va Tech)  Gannon Lanning            
DEFENSE Player 1 Player 2 Player 3 Player 4 Player 5 Player 6 Player 7 Player 8 Player 9
DE Jonathan Ross (Bowie State) JATORIAN HANSFORD
(Mizzou)
Eddie Kelly DE Vaughn, Jason JR Darrien Grant CHAD ELDER (PWO)      
DT Clyde Pinder Jr DT (UNC) De'Juan Sease Jacquez Williams DT Colby Smith          
DT Rashad Cheney Jr. (Minn) Nick Bags DT (Temple) Jhalin Hobbs DT Danny Gonzalez (PWO)          
DE Yates, Rashawn SR Logan, Tramel SO Bayron Matos (MBB) Keeon Terrell Michael Williams        
MLB Grier, Antonio SR Jhalyn Shuler LB (CC) Mac Harris CJ Ross Hicks, Davon FR Amer Amer JOHNNY EATON (PWO)    
LB Boyles, Dwayne SR DJ Gordon IV  (Minn) Norris, Brian RS JR Helton, Keyon RS JR Reggie Johnson II Deaunte Hunter Dylan Ridolph    
CB Aamaris Brown (Kansas State)  Evans, Daquan JR Ben Knox Tavin Ward   DB            
FS Mekhi LaPointe Will Jones II Jordan Blackmon Lewai Mitchell          
SS Hill, Matthew RS SO/TR Curry, Jayden RS SO Jaelen Stokes Joshua Green CHRIS THOMAS (PWO)        
CB Williams, Christian SO/TR Robinson, TJ RS SO/TR Timarcus Simpson DEQUAN STANLEY AJ Hamilton        
STAR Vincent Davis Townsel, Christopher SO Ray Thornton (Clemson) Tony Newsome          
Special
Teams
Player 1 Player 2 Player 3 Player 4 Player 5 Player 6 Player 7 Player 8 Player 9
PT Stokes, Andrew FR John Cannon Pierse Stainton             
PK, KO Shrader, Spencer JR Colin McCreary              
LS Beardall, Andrew RS JR Gresham, Mack FR              
H Scribner, Kenny RS SO                

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I would not call any of the seniors returning super seniors. They are 5th/6th/7th year players that are taking advantage of the extra years due to covid and good for them. To be called super you need to be near the best at your position in our conference and  across the country. None of them have really developed into anything other than a starter on a really bad team over the last 4-5 years. You can blame it on all of the former and current coaches.  Hopefully some of the seniors returning are late bloomers and  the new OC and DC find  some untapped potential and develop them into SUPER players. CJS and CCS have not did  do them any favors for coaching them into better players. Lets hope the new OC and DC turn them into better players and they get invited to the next stage. Either way I cannot blame them for coming back for a chance to go out on a better season and get another free degree. Now for Jeff Scott, time to put up or shut up with this  coach talk about his success at Clemson and excellence is the standard.  You can't claim excellence is the standard and go 3-18 and expect to be taken seriously. He needs a winning season to be taken seriously.  The time for him to show USF fans and donors he can win is now or never.  BOWLING or bust for him should be the standard.

I feel when its all said and done the 4 "super seniors" on our offensive line will all have a great year and make the league. Especially Demontrey Jacobs. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

17 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I feel when its all said and done the 4 "super seniors" on our offensive line will all have a great year and make the league. Especially Demontrey Jacobs. 

I feel when it is all said and done the 4 “Super Seniors” will have played their last football game at USF and move onto a career outside of playing football at any level.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

15 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I feel when it is all said and done the 4 “Super Seniors” will have played their last football game at USF and move onto a career outside of playing football at any level.  

You are probably correct but hopefully they improve and make it the next level.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I would not call any of the seniors returning super seniors. They are 5th/6th/7th year players that are taking advantage of the extra years due to covid and good for them. To be called super you need to be near the best at your position in our conference and  across the country. None of them have really developed into anything other than a starter on a really bad team over the last 4-5 years. You can blame it on all of the former and current coaches.  Hopefully some of the seniors returning are late bloomers and  the new OC and DC find  some untapped potential and develop them into SUPER players. CJS and CCS have not did  do them any favors for coaching them into better players. Lets hope the new OC and DC turn them into better players and they get invited to the next stage. Either way I cannot blame them for coming back for a chance to go out on a better season and get another free degree. Now for Jeff Scott, time to put up or shut up with this  coach talk about his success at Clemson and excellence is the standard.  You can't claim excellence is the standard and go 3-18 and expect to be taken seriously. He needs a winning season to be taken seriously.  The time for him to show USF fans and donors he can win is now or never.  BOWLING or bust for him should be the standard.

If you have listened to ANY press conference CJS is FULLY aware of the situation. He does not have to be told by keyboard warriors that 3-18 is acceptable. 

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If you have listened to ANY press conference CJS is FULLY aware of the situation. He does not have to be told by keyboard warriors that 3-18 is acceptable. 

Speaking the truth doesn't make you a keyboard warrior. I mean the offense and defense has only gotten worse under him. His bad game management has also cost us games. The players seem to be practicing hard and they are telling us all these good things about them in practice , but I want to see results on the field.  He can give us all this coach talk about improving the culture, practicing hard, excellence is the standard, all his success at Clemson, but he has been a train wreck here. I hope he turns it around, but there is nothing he can say or do but have a winning season. The extension was the dumbest thing ever and I hope it doesn't backfire like the BB coach.

20 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Speaking the truth doesn't make you a keyboard warrior. I mean the offense and defense has only gotten worse under him. His bad game management has also cost us games. The players seem to be practicing hard and they are telling us all these good things about them in practice , but I want to see results on the field.  He can give us all this coach talk about improving the culture, practicing hard, excellence is the standard, all his success at Clemson, but he has been a train wreck here. I hope he turns it around, but there is nothing he can say or do but have a winning season. The extension was the dumbest thing ever and I hope it doesn't backfire like the BB coach.

Wow great points…I’ve never heard those before….very original and highly educational (sarcasm). Why don’t you repeat it another 1000 times in case we did not fully get it. You are crying over the past. Unless you have a time machine, it is now irrelevant. What is done is done (with our record and BG’s decision). No amount of whining or regurgitation of those facts will change any of that. You can, god forbid, move on to the upcoming season, support the players, support the program, and look forward to the opening game. This team will succeed this season. When they do, don’t come back with the “I always hoped they could turn it around” BS. You’ve made your bed Mr. Happy. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Wow great points…I’ve never heard those before….very original and highly educational (sarcasm). Why don’t you repeat it another 1000 times in case we did not fully get it. You are crying over the past. Unless you have a time machine, it is now irrelevant. What is done is done (with our record and BG’s decision). No amount of whining or regurgitation of those facts will change any of that. You can, god forbid, move on to the upcoming season, support the players, support the program, and look forward to the opening game. This team will succeed this season. When they do, don’t come back with the “I always hoped they could turn it around” BS. You’ve made your bed Mr. Happy. 

lol Maaaaan, I have stopped worrying about the "realist" in this group. That's simply the journey they choose to ride. Let it be....(side note....I just found out there is an actual "music video" for this song). 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

On 12/15/2021 at 5:35 PM, Bulls On Parade said:

Exciting to see this defense...the line is almost all new and big upgrades. 

If the O line can continue to develop we have some experience/age for sure at that position.

Year 2 will be huge for our new SC coach from Tenn...we should start to see hopefully that upgrade start paying off next year. 

This is a much improved team over Scotts first year...I would be really shocked if we didn't get 6+ wins next year. 

it all depends on our qb play

7 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

lol Maaaaan, I have stopped worrying about the "realist" in this group. That's simply the journey they choose to ride. Let it be....(side note....I just found out there is an actual "music video" for this song). 

I have another name for them and “realist” is not it…😂

9 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

What tangible measure has he improved the team on in his tenure here ? All I can say is special teams.