• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bob Shoop hired as DC

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

3 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Good old CKB. Theres one that hasn't been brought up for a while. Lots of KB haters on here yet, the guy was a successful player and coach. I was always a fan from way back. I will always believe that he got screwed over by CS. I wondered what he had been doing lately and presto, here is a article from Nov about his "turn around" at Western Carolina. Folks can argue level of play but then, all is relative. Anyway, for all the KB fan's this is a good read. If people hate the guy and blame him for all things Strong then dont bother reading. He has brought winning and excitement to a program. Plus, nice area to live in. Wonder what he would have been like if he had been hired as the HC and Strong wasn't around?? 

f5c52ee77ae5b55f4faa797bc30ae6af

After an 0-6 start at Western Carolina, Kerwin Bell has the Catamounts on a three-game winning streak. The future is looking pretty good, too.

I had no problem with the KB hire, even though he was a Gator, but it was a waste. This thing was headed downhill under Chuck and there wasn't much that could be done to pull it up in the one year he had ...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

15 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I had no problem with the KB hire, even though he was a Gator, but it was a waste. This thing was headed downhill under Chuck and there wasn't much that could be done to pull it up in the one year he had ...

Ha! Gator?? At least with KB he was in the old days before USF football. But yes, I think Strong got him to leave a successful program he had built and prob played on the UF association. I was very hopeful when he got to USF but it seemed that CS just had him run the same crappy offense we already had. CS had one foot out the door by then anyway. Oh well. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

Ha! Gator?? At least with KB he was in the old days before USF football. But yes, I think Strong got him to leave a successful program he had built and prob played on the UF association. I was very hopeful when he got to USF but it seemed that CS just had him run the same crappy offense we already had. CS had one foot out the door by then anyway. Oh well. 

Kb got a raw deal, but the offense was terrible. He did the same mistake we see over and over here. He tried to run a pro style offense  with small and not powerful/highly skilled lineman.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Ha! Gator?? At least with KB he was in the old days before USF football.

Grew up an FSU fan so they are the old school ****heads to me ...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

5 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Good old CKB. Theres one that hasn't been brought up for a while. Lots of KB haters on here yet, the guy was a successful player and coach. I was always a fan from way back. I will always believe that he got screwed over by CS. I wondered what he had been doing lately and presto, here is a article from Nov about his "turn around" at Western Carolina. Folks can argue level of play but then, all is relative. Anyway, for all the KB fan's this is a good read. If people hate the guy and blame him for all things Strong then dont bother reading. He has brought winning and excitement to a program. Plus, nice area to live in. Wonder what he would have been like if he had been hired as the HC and Strong wasn't around?? 

f5c52ee77ae5b55f4faa797bc30ae6af

After an 0-6 start at Western Carolina, Kerwin Bell has the Catamounts on a three-game winning streak. The future is looking pretty good, too.

Who cares, while he was here, he sucked, why do I give a **** where he is now and if he is enjoying some success at the FCS level, this is probably where he should have started in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Who cares, while he was here, he sucked, why do I give a **** where he is now and if he is enjoying some success at the FCS level, this is probably where he should have started in the first place. 

You must "care" you were so overcome you felt compelled to respond. 😎

3 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

You must "care" you were so overcome you felt compelled to respond. 😎

The reason I did is because I am the one that brought him up originally, I brought him up to prove a point and make fun of him, not to hear what he is up to now, he is gone and dead to me, appears you still have a hard on for him and that is your prerogative.👍

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

The reason I did is because I am the one that brought him up originally, I brought him up to prove a point and make fun of him, not to hear what he is up to now, he is gone and dead to me, appears you still have a hard on for him and that is your prerogative.👍

Hmm? Dont know what to tell you on that one. "Hard"(play on words) to make fun of a guy who has had some life successes. I was a KB fan from back when he played at UF. My personal opinion of him is good and yours is bad so there you go no big deal there. Tell you what, if I ever put a KB reference on TBP again I will put a Surgeon General Warning on it first, so you see it. Hope your evening is a good one for you. 

58 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Hmm? Dont know what to tell you on that one. "Hard"(play on words) to make fun of a guy who has had some life successes. I was a KB fan from back when he played at UF. My personal opinion of him is good and yours is bad so there you go no big deal there. Tell you what, if I ever put a KB reference on TBP again I will put a Surgeon General Warning on it first, so you see it. Hope your evening is a good one for you. 

I really thought he was kind of an average QB in college, had a terrific highlight in the CFL, success at some very, very low level college football, terrible season here and now a losing year at the FCS level. I have no ill will against him and don’t even blame him much for his pathetic year here, just don’t really care what his fat ass is up too. If he has no success here then I make fun of him, don’t give two violation if he went 4-7 for an FCS team after us and you view this as successful. We simply have different views on what we call success.  Hope you have a good evening as well.