• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

manny diaz

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

5 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

You think we can afford him? A good DC who can recruit the Miami area will certainly be a hot commodity. Certainly he will get better offers. Would love to see him here, but somehow I don't see that happening....

If he could recruit the Miami area, he’d still be at Miami…

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,261
  • Days Won:  1

I’m wondering if Diaz stays at Miami if cristobal turns down their offer. Since he has not been fired and has been basically told if we can replace u your out, why would he go back to a place that basically stabbed him in the back

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

15 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

You think we can afford him? A good DC who can recruit the Miami area will certainly be a hot commodity. Certainly he will get better offers. Would love to see him here, but somehow I don't see that happening....

maybe or maybe not

make the first call and show interest

no one better in florida is calling and what a better way to rebuild your reputation that to help put usf on the map

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807

11 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

I’m wondering if Diaz stays at Miami if cristobal turns down their offer. Since he has not been fired and has been basically told if we can replace u your out, why would he go back to a place that basically stabbed him in the back

Tyler Van Dyke. That's why. Without TVD, he would have been gone mid season. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

11 hours ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

If he could recruit the Miami area, he’d still be at Miami…

His recruiting was good to be honest, his coaching especially on defense was bad as the HC. He had a winning record, but couldn't compete for conference title or championships. Cristobal will be a great hire if it is true.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, smazza said:

maybe or maybe not

make the first call and show interest

no one better in florida is calling and what a better way to rebuild your reputation that to help put usf on the map

How do you guys know that the call was not already made and Diaz said no thank you. Let’s face it, none of you know what is or is not going on. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

At this moment, Diaz is still Miami's HC, so, I doubt he's talking to anyone about a DC position... however, if that changes today, there could be a chance. He's a good DC, and honestly, assume Scott turns this things around and get hired somewhere else, Manny would be a good replacement HC for us. He's under contract for 2 more years at Miami, so with them paying him, maybe it would be something he'd consider.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

24 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

At this moment, Diaz is still Miami's HC, so, I doubt he's talking to anyone about a DC position... however, if that changes today, there could be a chance. He's a good DC, and honestly, assume Scott turns this things around and get hired somewhere else, Manny would be a good replacement HC for us. He's under contract for 2 more years at Miami, so with them paying him, maybe it would be something he'd consider.

Replacement head coach? Uhhh, you realize Scott was not fired nor will be for two years…

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484

I don't get the love for this guy. No Thanks....Have we not had enough of an experience with failures that are trying to rebuild their reputation (2017-2019 ring a bell). 

Give me a young hungry but proven DC like Rowe or Verpaele. Very successful where they have been and a desire to make USF better for more reasons than just a nice paycheck.

Not to mention if Diaz does become available, Im sure he will be a P5 DC within 24 hours. Remember Clemson just opened up at the DC spot. They pay their DC more than we pay our HC.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,401
  • Days Won:  10

We don't need a head coach.  We have one.  What we should be looking for is patience.

• Upvote 1
  • ???? 1