• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Portal thread

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,666
  • Days Won:  29

4 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Andrew Mims just entered the portal. Not surprising, saw his dad on a USF facebook page complaining about playing time lol

Just saw it myself.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, E.T. said:

The past two days, Alabama had 5 players enter the transfer portal.

Did they ever pass the rule that a school can replace up to seven players that enter the portal? 

"Under the recommendation, schools can sign 25 new players while gaining additional signee spots for each player who transfers out of their program—up to a limit of seven, sources tell Sports Illustrated. The transferring player must have left academically eligible. For instance, a school that loses five players to the portal can sign 30 new players. A school that loses 10 players to the portal can sign 32 new signees.

Schools can only replace those who enter the transfer portal. They would not gain additional spots for players who retire from the sport or leave early for the NFL draft. Other proposals were debated among Oversight members, including increasing total signees to 30 or 35, but they settled on this compromise, as originally reported by SI in August."

https://www.si.com/college/2021/09/23/ncaa-football-signing-class-limits-transfers-nil

Mims already taken off the online roster . . . see they can move fast.

Must be "updated" for others. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,575

4 hours ago, E.T. said:

Good luck tranfer kid #2 today, he was a backup on a bad team defensive team here with thin linebacker depth. If you couldn't find a starting role on this defense the last three years that is alarming.  I hope he find success somewhere else and lands a gig. I think he will go FCS . Mayhe his dad was right and he spotted something before the coach did or maybe he needs a fresh start. May the grass  be less green and gold but greener on your future endeavors.

4 hours ago, E.T. said:

The past two days, Alabama had 5 players enter the transfer portal.

Yeah they want to start and try to get drafted. I am interested in the TE but no way we land him.

• Upvote 1

It would be huge if cjs pulled off any of the Bama transfers. They are better than anyone on our current roster. Plus they had a much better strength training and  coaching to develop their skills.  No knock to cjs or our coaching staff.

And another Alabama player, LB(from South Carolina) enters the portal today.

Edited by E.T.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

20 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Good luck tranfer kid #2 today, he was a backup on a bad team defensive team here with thin linebacker depth. If you couldn't find a starting role on this defense the last three years that is alarming.  I hope he find success somewhere else and lands a gig. I think he will go FCS . Mayhe his dad was right and he spotted something before the coach did or maybe he needs a fresh start. May the grass  be less green and gold but greener on your future endeavors.

Yeah they want to start and try to get drafted. I am interested in the TE but no way we land him.

Dude started 5-7 games,made a crap load of tackles, tfls, a few sacks and an interception or two. He even has a 30 and 14 tackle game. His body of work and experience will keep him at the FBS level. Unlike most of these transfers who are getting spots w/o playing a snap, he played hundreds of snaps. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

24 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Dude started 5-7 games,made a crap load of tackles, tfls, a few sacks and an interception or two. He even has a 30 and 14 tackle game. His body of work and experience will keep him at the FBS level. Unlike most of these transfers who are getting spots w/o playing a snap, he played hundreds of snaps. 

A 30 tackle game in college football? Was he the only  player on defense that game ?

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

32 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The kid did play in some games and I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes with that said. In 2021 he had a total of 39 tackles while playing in 12 games.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

The kid did play in some games and I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes with that said. In 2021 he had a total of 39 tackles while playing in 12 games.

Sad reality is he probably had more tackles than any of our D lineman