• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tulane vs Cincy/SMU vs Hou

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

So Houston is going to pants us?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

18 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This man is smart. He is the antithesis of  Willie T. This guy stayed with the program, kept winning, could play in the playoffs, and now is rewarded with having the the team going to a P5 program. He is a guy that saw the long term opportunity and believed he could achieve more and build a legacy. Willie could have had that but took the easy route. Now look where Luke is and where Willie is. Winner? Luke. 

Luke Fickel makes $3.4 M per year.  3 times as much as we paid Taggart. He has been there 1 more year than Taggat was here. If he leaves this year after they get passed over for the playoffs, this statement will not age well.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Luke Fickel makes $3.4 M per year.  3 times as much as we paid Taggart. He has been there 1 more year than Taggat was here. If he leaves this year after they get passed over for the playoffs, this statement will not age well.

There will be only one job Luke will leave Cincy for (OSU). He is going to the Big12 and will get a significant bump in salary. He will probably compete for a Big12 title almost every year. Consequently, he will be in a position to be in the playoffs for many years. Meanwhile Willie is nothing more than a footnote in USF history and did almost nothing as a career money chaser. One coach has a memorable legacy while no one will remember the other one. There is no comparison.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

So Houston is going to pants us?

Maybe the Football Gods will intervene and Houston will have a massive breakdown after a big win as they face little old USF who is riding the skidder...??

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

35 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Maybe the Football Gods will intervene and Houston will have a massive breakdown after a big win as they face little old USF who is riding the skidder...??

Well it's time to travel down to Tampa and take my medicine.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

Houston comes in at #19 in coaches poll.

ncaa_football.png

Visit ESPN to view the 2021 College Football Rankings for Week 10

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

There will be only one job Luke will leave Cincy for (OSU). He is going to the Big12 and will get a significant bump in salary. He will probably compete for a Big12 title almost every year. Consequently, he will be in a position to be in the playoffs for many years. Meanwhile Willie is nothing more than a footnote in USF history and did almost nothing as a career money chaser. One coach has a memorable legacy while no one will remember the other one. There is no comparison.

Did Willie Taggart hurt you this bad? He turned our program around and left us with plenty to work with. He inherited nothing and left us with some of our best football. I'd take him back in a heart beat. 

17 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

Did Willie Taggart hurt you this bad? He turned our program around and left us with plenty to work with. He inherited nothing and left us with some of our best football. I'd take him back in a heart beat. 

Oh no, I actually loved Willie. Great coach for USF (USF standards). He just ain’t no Luke Fickell. My point is there are two paths and one has paid off better than another relative to long term upside. That’s all…

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

College gameday will be at Cincy for their homecoming game against Tulsa. I thought they would be there for the SMU game but I guess Houston beating them changed that.  

FB21_College_Gameday_Announce_1920x1080_

Bearcat fans will want to set their alarms early this Saturday because ESPN's College GameDay is coming to the University of Cincinnati for the first time in the show's...

18 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

College gameday will be at Cincy for their homecoming game against Tulsa. I thought they would be there for the SMU game but I guess Houston beating them changed that.  

FB21_College_Gameday_Announce_1920x1080_

Bearcat fans will want to set their alarms early this Saturday because ESPN's College GameDay is coming to the University of Cincinnati for the first time in the show's...

Saw the announcement last night. All I see now is that they covering a B12 game. Poor Tulsa is in the wrong place at the wrong time.