• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,807
  • Days Won:  0

50 minutes ago, deters- said:

Lets not kid ourselves, an OCS is an important step to solidifying USF as a football school. While it might not be important to get into the B12, it is important to show GROWTH. I just hope one day, and one day soon its announced and its glorious and dumps all over those UCF turds stadium.

Let me make this simple for you.  No Big 12 then no OCS.  We cant leverage student fees anymore and we dont have enough deep pocket donors unless one our Alumni do something really great and become a billionaire. THere is beer at the Ray Jay.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

9 minutes ago, deters- said:

Yea, except were not UCLA or Miami... We're USF and we need an OCS.

We do, eventually - just not for entry into the Big XII. And entry into the Big XII would arguably give us the financial stability we need to invest in a good one.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

13 minutes ago, deters- said:

Yea, except were not UCLA or Miami... We're USF and we need an OCS.

We got remarkably close in 2007 without an OCS. If someone can provide a valid reason why we NEED one now or really, ever, to become a "football school", whatever "football school" means, I'd love to hear it ......... and I'm not saying I wouldn't love a proper OCS, just saying we don't NEED one.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, Triple B said:

We got remarkably close in 2007 without an OCS. If someone can provide a valid reason why we NEED one now or really, ever, to become a "football school", whatever "football school" means, I'd love to hear it ......... and I'm not saying I wouldn't love a proper OCS, just saying we don't NEED one.

QFT

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Not sure why it would be worth discussing with you.  There is very little chance it would change your mind.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Well it is kind of too late to worry about the OCS since the presentation is tomorrow. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I agree that, strictly speaking, an OCS isn't NECESSARY. But the issue seems somewhat theoretical to me because USF has made it clear it intends to build one eventually, if/when the $$$ make sense.

But yes, we can continue playing CFB at our red and pewter pirate ship-themed stadium without an OCS.

3 minutes ago, MMW said:

Not sure why it would be worth discussing with you.  There is very little chance it would change your mind.

That kind of thinking will shut this board down, sir ....

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TallyBull said:

I agree that, strictly speaking, an OCS isn't NECESSARY. But the issue seems somewhat theoretical to me because USF has made it clear it intends to build one eventually, if/when the $$$ make sense.

But yes, we can continue playing CFB at our red and pewter pirate ship-themed stadium without an OCS.

If/when we build one, that will be great. Just saying that not having one is in no way impeding the football program achieving what it wants to on the field ........ the lack of an IPF is a bigger impediment.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

By that statement, we never needed a basketball stadium either. We wanted one... and it's nice to have one. But, we did well playing in a professional stadium, too.