• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

2 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Odds on TigerJay  never showing up here again? May be a bet I'd be willing to take.

We really shouldn't be so hard on TigerJay.  His presence is probably responsible for a dozen pages or so.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Memphis thought a big wad of cash from FedEx would wash out the stains

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117
  • Days Won:  6

On 5/21/2016 at 6:20 PM, TigerJay said:

Yes it total delusion that Memphis higher ups would pump false hope to guys that write our checks like FedEX CEO Fred Smith and other big money players (Alan Graff and Bill Laurier)  for us. Why in the hell would you lie to those guys. Use your brain on that one. You don't burn bridges with  people in that kind of position. This isn't something put together at the last minute. Its been a process for 18 months.

On 5/21/2016 at 3:41 PM, TigerJay said:

I can actually share this fact with you. What I am saying is coming from an ambassador of our university. Meaning his sources come straight from the horses mouth or 1 point removed from the horses mouth of our university. 

He actually was nice enough to share on the crazy Memphis board which the media(Jeff Goodman, John Martin, Mike DeCoursey, Dan Wolkens, ect...)loves to pull material from to write crazy articles about us. He posted this 3 weeks ago 

Never get reliable information form the Media, you are at that point at a minimum two points of separation and most likely three to four. At that point, its not a source, the source was who the media got their information from.

I am a one point of separation kind of a guy. I don't guess, I don't put anything down in writing that is not factual (look up my history) unless it's factual. If I put my "thoughts" I say these are my "thoughts". Those are different than speculation. I don't speculate, its a dangerous business to speculate and its a dangerous business to get information four or five points removed.

he posted this when people started wondering about the possibility of an OCS. 

Over 10 years, $ 1 Billion in Athletic Expenditures, it's coming folks get on board now. 

Buy your tickets now, renew "now"

He definitly has more details but that is about all he is going to share on a public forum. This was only shared because ESPN obtained those documents so it was out in the open. But the work going on with the Big 12 has been going on for 18 months. I can't speak on if your president and administration has been involved during that span of time but Memphis and Cincy have been working in tandem with each other with the Big 12 for 18 months. This was actually reported by Garry Parrish in the fall. 

Some oldies but goodies from TigerJay.  I bet his is curled up in the fetal position somewhere.

Edited by mark_my_words

At least we made it as far as Rice.

Edited by mark_my_words

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

15 minutes ago, Gismo said:

RICE? Must be Texas politics.

"Texas Politics" are the main reason that I really want nothing to to with the B12.  I wish other options... any options... were available.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

5 minutes ago, 2000bull said:

from the article:

Sources told ESPN that offering to accept less revenue might have actually hurt Memphis' chances. The league, sources said, is more interested in teams that can strengthen and add value to the league as opposed to schools that need to be "propped up" by the league.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

Lol this is starting to look like the Bachelor.... Glad we got a rose.... 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 2000bull said:

Sources told ESPN that offering to accept less revenue might have actually hurt Memphis' chances. The league, sources said, is more interested in teams that can strengthen and add value to the league as opposed to schools that need to be "propped up" by the league.

Ouch.  USF looking all standoffish not looking like such a bad approach now.

• Upvote 1