• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

What pisses me off is that the misspelling was obviously a simple typo not something like mixing up they're/there/their. I do that all day long and my degree is in literature. And I write code where it really does matter. To see these big richards giggling back and forth like they just scooped the NY Times at the expense of probably a secretary who may lose her or his job makes me sick. I bet I can dig through McMurphy's stuff and find somewhere he follows an intransitive verb with a noun.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

46 minutes ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

But we're "Just plain cool"

What's our ranking in that this year?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

8 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

As long as our Athletic Department continues to misspell things (e.g awards) we deserve whatever ridicule comes our way.

I don't see how this can be blamed on the Athletic Department when they were forced via FOI request to provide all copies of what they had on hand.

I'd blame JK whom had not only the errant copy but also the corrected version. It was in his haste to be the first to report this that the errant copy even saw the light of day.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,713
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, NAM37 said:

Yeah, but the Money article also has some head scratching stuff that kind of incorporates Tampa Bay ... 

Still, there are a few references in the article that will have locals scratching their heads, such as its mention of Tampa bragging about its beaches and how the city attracted 1,000 jobs at Amazon’s new distribution plant. The facility is actually in Ruskin, almost 30 miles south to the south.

.... we probably should have put Tampa Bay in quotes in the presentation.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Guys we all know that JK sucks as a beat writer and the McMuffin is just as much of a hack. The real question is when will Thor take over our beat? I heard it was after we get that BIG 12 invite. :FIREdevil:

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Danm1983 said:

Interestingly enough, JK apparently either doesn't care if we don't make it or already has another job lined up if they don't make it and decide to give up on covering USF altogether. I mean, at least PRETEND you care about the school you're covering - I see tons of national and regional writers that went to school elsewhere that at least try to cover better.

Joey Knight simply doesn't take pride in his work. Take Greg Auman for example. He is a UF grad and worked his butt off covering the USF beat. He was eventually rewarded with a promotion to the Bucs beat where he's also doing an excellent job. I can see him eventually elevating his career to the national level. Joey is content with doing the bare minimum, and will have a very hard time progressing from where is now. He should consider himself lucky to still be where he is.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ToroDeFuego said:

What pisses me off is that the misspelling was obviously a simple typo not something like mixing up they're/there/their. I do that all day long and my degree is in literature. And I write code where it really does matter. To see these big richards giggling back and forth like they just scooped the NY Times at the expense of probably a secretary who may lose her or his job makes me sick. I bet I can dig through McMurphy's stuff and find somewhere he follows an intransitive verb with a noun.

You can look everywhere in the media these days and find typos like that ..... but definitely need not have them going out in something like this, which we apparently didn't. The Internet is a ***** at times ...

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, DC said:

Joey Knight simply doesn't take pride in his work. Take Greg Auman for example. He is a UF grad and worked his butt off covering the USF beat. He was eventually rewarded with a promotion to the Bucs beat where he's also doing an excellent job. I can see him eventually elevating his career to the national level. Joey is content with doing the bare minimum, and will have a very hard time progressing from where is now. He should consider himself lucky to still be where he is.

I get it. He is trying to get demoted back to the high school beat where he feels more comfortable.

1 minute ago, HR Bull said:

Guys we all know that JK sucks as a beat writer and the McMuffin is just as much of a hack. The real question is when will Thor take over our beat? I heard it was after we get that BIG 12 invite. :FIREdevil:

They kept the wrong Joey and hopefully recognize the error of their ways at some point ..... although they kept Fennelly too, which could indicate they prefer this new age journalism.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

2 minutes ago, DC said:

Joey Knight simply doesn't take pride in his work. 

He's just not good at his job. They might as well replace him with the AP or Reuters newswire.