• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

Proud Lion Pub's last owner was Johnny G Lyon, who sits across the aisle from me at men's basketball. 

He's been a staple at games I think as long as I have ....

Quick question, Mike, was one of the Gramaticas over there near you guys Tuesday night?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

20 minutes ago, BULLSHTR said:

All the ACC needs is ND to finally join in Football and they are stabilized as a top 3 conference, with B12 a distant 4th. I'm having serious doubts that Clemson even wants to leave. All this speculation always comes from B12 homers wishfully thinking out loud. ND joining would net them a great TV deal that everyone would be happy with. Unfortunately, that would probably mean USF does not get invited to the ACC. However, the Big 12 would definitely not think twice at adding to their profile in Florida. Plus... war on I4.

I have a feeling that once FSU is done throwing a tantrum, they'll realize that the ACC is actually their best shot with the expanded 12-team playoff. Also considering that the SEC doesn't need them and the B1G wouldn't want to have another non-AAU Nebraska type team bringing down their academic profile. At least Nebraska was AAU when they joined.

I'm not saying FSU staying in the ACC is impossible, but FSU went scorched Earth against the conference. They made it really hard for either side to save face at this point. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,448
  • Days Won:  43

4 hours ago, BULLSHTR said:

All the ACC needs is ND to finally join in Football and they are stabilized as a top 3 conference, with B12 a distant 4th. I'm having serious doubts that Clemson even wants to leave. All this speculation always comes from B12 homers wishfully thinking out loud. ND joining would net them a great TV deal that everyone would be happy with. Unfortunately, that would probably mean USF does not get invited to the ACC. However, the Big 12 would definitely not think twice at adding to their profile in Florida. Plus... war on I4.

I have a feeling that once FSU is done throwing a tantrum, they'll realize that the ACC is actually their best shot with the expanded 12-team playoff. Also considering that the SEC doesn't need them and the B1G wouldn't want to have another non-AAU Nebraska type team bringing down their academic profile. At least Nebraska was AAU when they joined.

If FSU decides to stay in the ACC they may have to bite the bullet & allow USF to join giving the ACC 3 Florida schools lol. If that doesn’t happen then it looks like USF will have to settle for the big ten if they decide to expand into Florida 

Edited by Bull Matrix
  • Crying 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Much as we all would love it, the ACC clearly has no interest in us. It took schools in California and SMU and has not remotely considered USF. I think our only chance at getting in the ACC would be if FSU and/or Clemson leave... yet they have nowhere to go, and if they did leave, it waters down the conference. Somehow, I think we have better chances with the B1G and B12, though UCF will protest and I have zero interest in interacting with that fanbase any further. B1G would obviously be a pipe dream, though recruiting FL and away games in winter in balmy Tampa would seem to have some potential appeal for those schools. The loss of Lee Roy Selmon and the lame duck years prior to AD DW's retirement really set us back - we remain the only prior BCS school outside of a P4 conference except for UConn, having self-selected back to independence. We're making great moves now, but the window of hope is ever shrinking at this point.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,448
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, FazaUSF said:

Much as we all would love it, the ACC clearly has no interest in us. It took schools in California and SMU and has not remotely considered USF. I think our only chance at getting in the ACC would be if FSU and/or Clemson leave... yet they have nowhere to go, and if they did leave, it waters down the conference. Somehow, I think we have better chances with the B1G and B12, though UCF will protest and I have zero interest in interacting with that fanbase any further. B1G would obviously be a pipe dream, though recruiting FL and away games in winter in balmy Tampa would seem to have some potential appeal for those schools. The loss of Lee Roy Selmon and the lame duck years prior to AD DW's retirement really set us back - we remain the only prior BCS school outside of a P4 conference except for UConn, having self-selected back to independence. We're making great moves now, but the window of hope is ever shrinking at this point.

Yeah but for some reason I feel a heck of a lot better than I ever did about USF moving up. This even includes the CWT years when USF was winning. The fan support is truly the key & I do believe USF is making great strides in the right direction. We will see what happens but things are finally looking good. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,467
  • Days Won:  19

15 hours ago, Triple B said:

He's been a staple at games I think as long as I have ....

Quick question, Mike, was one of the Gramaticas over there near you guys Tuesday night?

I don't think so. Or at least, if yes, then I totally missed him. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, Mike Stuben said:

I don't think so. Or at least, if yes, then I totally missed him. 

Thanks.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,099
  • Days Won:  39

15 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

I'm not saying FSU staying in the ACC is impossible, but FSU went scorched Earth against the conference. They made it really hard for either side to save face at this point. 

They should dilute their vote and just keep them trapped in a corner generating revenue.  Catering to Texas and USC didn't work out for those conferences. 

10 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

We're making great moves now, but the window of hope is ever shrinking at this point.

It's over, boyos!

Star Wars Doom GIF

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  870
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

No. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,651
  • Days Won:  6

19 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

Proud Lion Pub's last owner was Johnny G Lyon, who sits across the aisle from me at men's basketball. 

JGLB good times!

• Like 1