• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

5 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Big 12 sucks.  It's all about the ACC!

I totally agree that (whichever conference invites us) is totally better than (the one that doesn't)! 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

6 hours ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

The Big 12 is going to have multiple teams in the playoffs each year, don’t be silly.  Even in a down season this year with a bunch of new g5 call ups they finished only slightly behind the Big 10 in the Massey composite rankings and would’ve had two teams.  That’s a quality/deep league that’s getting better with the PAC additions.  I’m not trying to be a naysayer but I think it’s important to be realistic.  

As Bull94 already pointed out, the Big 12 playoff candidate this year is already slated to go to the SEC next year. The other potential candidate that would've gotten bumped for Liberty even in a 12-team field is also going to the SEC. Out of the current top 25 in the rankings, the only ones that would have been eligible to make it would have been whoever won the conference out of Arizona (14)/Oklahoma State (20)/Kansas State (25). And going off the 6+6 model and the current rankings, if their champ was #25 Kansas State, they would have been out on account of both the C-USA and AAC champs being ranked higher. (Obviously if Kansas State had won the conference championship, they would have bumped them up over those two). As the current standings go, the Big 12 would have 1 team in the 12-team playoff, and that would potentially take the committee forcefully pushing them over two G5 conference champs.

Will the Big 12 get two teams in here and there? Probably, sure. Is that guaranteed and silly to think otherwise? Absolutely not.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

6 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I totally agree that (whichever conference invites us) is totally better than (the one that doesn't)! 

I'll take anything because we desperate addicts who need money, but I would really want to be in the ACC.

• Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, GoBulls84 said:

As Bull94 already pointed out, the Big 12 playoff candidate this year is already slated to go to the SEC next year. The other potential candidate that would've gotten bumped for Liberty even in a 12-team field is also going to the SEC. Out of the current top 25 in the rankings, the only ones that would have been eligible to make it would have been whoever won the conference out of Arizona (14)/Oklahoma State (20)/Kansas State (25). And going off the 6+6 model and the current rankings, if their champ was #25 Kansas State, they would have been out on account of both the C-USA and AAC champs being ranked higher. (Obviously if Kansas State had won the conference championship, they would have bumped them up over those two). As the current standings go, the Big 12 would have 1 team in the 12-team playoff, and that would potentially take the committee forcefully pushing them over two G5 conference champs.

Will the Big 12 get two teams in here and there? Probably, sure. Is that guaranteed and silly to think otherwise? Absolutely not.

I could easily see the  committee pushing that one team above the 2 G5 champs.

Also, how many ACC teams woefully get in this year in a 12 team playoff. Obviously FSU.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

7 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Also, how many ACC teams woefully get in this year in a 12 team playoff. Obviously FSU.

Going forward any team getting into CFP as an at large would have to finish in Top 12 to have a shot. How many ACC/ Big12 teams outside of their champions do you see finishing that high? That’s why I keep saying most years ACC/B12 will only get one team in

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

9 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

If they were doing 6-6 this year, based on the CFP Poll, no future ACC or Big 12 make it as an at-large ...

• Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

If they were doing 6-6 this year, based on the CFP Poll, no future ACC or Big 12 make it as an at-large ...

I had that typo of woefully, and it seems, woefully so that only one team from each conference would get in.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

Think Louisville was right there as well. At the end of the day, the ACC (in current form) should be fighting for 2 spots minimum between FSU/Clem + schools like Louisville/UNC/NCSt who have all been pretty competitive in the last couple of years. The Big12 can do the same with TCU/OKSt/KSU/Baylor who have also been competitive in the last ten years. Add in 2 G5's, that gives 6 spots for SEC/B1G schools. Realistically neither conference should have more than 3 teams in the playoff (more than one school who didn't even make their conference championship game?), but we know how these things go. 

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,983
  • Days Won:  2

Goes on to say this:

Next Expansion Move For The ACC? Add Kansas and UCONN or West Virginia. Or start the process of growing the western wing of the ACC by adding Oregon State and Washington State.