• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

58 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

But the silver lining with staying in the AAC is that we are not facing that big travel burden and we're in a guaranteed media contract.  

AAC has a significant travel burden already IIRC. Obviously, not PAC level but we are up there in the mileage. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

15 hours ago, belgianbull said:

Is it really all about conference payout? Personally even if the money is similar, or even a bit less due to travel costs I still think the amount of fan excitement and prestige would be much greater in a PAC/MW/AAC conference versus a depleted AAC.   Being in a conference with Boise State, San Diego State, Fresno State , WSU, OSU, Air Force, Memphis ,Tulane, and Navy would make so much sense and would be beneficial for USF no matter the payout.

Among the Mountain West teams that absolutely nobody in USF fandom will care that we're playing:

UNLV

San Jose State

Wyoming

Utah State

New Mexico

Hawaii

Nevada

Arguably Colorado State (could throw them in the "Maybe if they're good that year" category)

Air Force (for the military factor and that's it) and Boise State would be a draw. Fresno State and San Diego State would be in the category of "Maybe if they're good that year". Nobody in USF's fandom is getting excited to play the current 3-8 San Diego State. I think you're overestimating, just a tad, how excited anybody in our fanbase would be to play those teams. Also, while the diehards would be like "Hey cool, we're playing Wazzou and the Beavs", those teams are still not bringing out the casuals unless they've got Heisman candidates in tow.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Just for me, I would be just as excited to play any of them as I am anybody we play now. And that is not an endorsement one way or the other. I come to see the BULLS play good football… And that’s been a while.

It has been way too long. Time to give the fans some real appreciation this week and play a complete game. If Golesh can get USF  back to bowling status in year one that will be  a major accomplishment for the present and momentmum for the future.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, GoBulls84 said:

Among the Mountain West teams that absolutely nobody in USF fandom will care that we're playing:

UNLV

San Jose State

Wyoming

Utah State

New Mexico

Hawaii

Nevada

Arguably Colorado State (could throw them in the "Maybe if they're good that year" category)

Phil Hartman Yes GIF

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

UNLV

San Jose State

Wyoming

Utah State

New Mexico

Hawaii

Nevada

Air Force (for the military factor and that's it) and Boise State would be a draw. Fresno State and San Diego State would be in the category of "Maybe if they're good that year". Nobody in USF's fandom is getting excited to play the current 3-8 San Diego State. I think you're overestimating, just a tad, how excited anybody in our fanbase would be to play those teams. Also, while the diehards would be like "Hey cool, we're playing Wazzou and the Beavs", those teams are still not bringing out the casuals unless they've got Heisman candidates in tow.

I would love it if we played UNLV. The road trips to Las Vegas would be epic. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Just for me, I would be just as excited to play any of them as I am anybody we play now. And that is not an endorsement one way or the other. I come to see the BULLS play good football… And that’s been a while.

That's where I stand. As I'm sure a lot of folks on this board do. Because we're the diehards. We're the ones that survived the Strong/CJS era. We're just here to watch our Bulls kick someone's a$$, whoever it has to be.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

7 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

That's where I stand. As I'm sure a lot of folks on this board do. Because we're the diehards. We're the ones that survived the Strong/CJS era. We're just here to watch our Bulls kick someone's a$$, whoever it has to be.

Hell yeah! I stand with you all regarding supporting USF no matter who they are playing. Some of my best seasons watching the Bulls was when I was a student and USF’s scheduled featured Morehead St, Drake, Cumberland, Illinois St, Georgia Southern, WKU, The Citadel,Liberty, Hofstra, Kentucky Wesleyan and others. Fun times!! 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

5 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

UNLV

San Jose State

Wyoming

Utah State

New Mexico

Hawaii

Nevada

We wouldnt be in the same conference with Nevada, San Jose State, and New Mexico.

those teams would not make the cut in the new PAC.

It would be USF, Navy, Memphis, Tulane, WSU,OSU, San Diego State, Boise State, Air Force and a few more. All these teams have been ranked recently, and usually make it to bowl games. 

All the teams above would be much better draws than Tulsa, North Texas, Rice, and Charlotte. I kind of surveyed my USF friends that I am still in touch with ( not a large group but enough) and they agree that San Diego State ,Fresno State,  OSU are a few levels up from North Texas, Tulsa and Charlotte.

Edited by belgianbull

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

USF will be there…

118D3FE0-4768-4E0A-82E4-6A324C23EF3A.png