• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,983
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I don't see the ACC or Big 12 within the next 5 years, but in the mean time we should do the following to better our situation

1) we need to win starting now and built the OCS, get ranked again, separate ourselves from the rest of the AAC

2) the AAC needs to poach better teams; list of possible candidates going from best option to worst options;

Boise State, San Diego State, OSU, Appalachian State, Fresno State, Army, Air Force, Marshall. Other possible candidates: Liberty, Coastal Carolina, WKU, and WSU.

If we are going to be stuck in the AAC we better increase the level of competition.

that or break away from the AAC in coordination with others and create a best of the rest conference.

The best of the rest conference could be a possibility if the 2-PAC situation works out in a positive way for us.  Who knows.  ESPN's financial woes complicates things.  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Cat941 said:

ESPN's financial woes complicates things.  

Disney destroys everything it touches at the moment.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, DontPushMe said:

This is why I've been saying we need to go independent. Even if we lose money on it we have to break the association with these schools. My plan would have us playing the maximum allowed road games per season as 1 and dones with power conference schools. Then filling in the required home games with fcs. Maybe set up a yearly home and away with uconn and/or UMass. We cannot stay in this conference it will kill the program. 

If we spend a few more years in the AAC we won't be under consideration by any power conference next time expansion happens. We'll just be another North Texas or fau

I'm sorry but if what you said about never donating any money to USF Athletics is accurate, it makes these takes of yours an even bigger joke than they normally would ....

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

Yep. AA from HCC then two years at USF. Of course, this was back in the days when the bookstore was two trailers joined together out in a dirt field.

But the point is, we have to have the swanky coffee shop and the rock-climbing wall, and numerous pools, and every other sort of amenity you can imagine as part of our marketing program. We have to be able to pitch U of SF as the cool, in-place to be - because not every kid applying is concerned about the Linear Systems or Logic Design classes.  Gotta appeal. Gotta advertise. Always Be Closing! Don't want to miss out on the revenue - regardless of source. 

Neighbor across the street. Daughter spent one year in Tuscaloosa, Alabama and is now back in Tampa, attending HCC - intent on the AA and subsequently, acceptance to U of SF. Dad is elated. Nothing nicer than in-state tuition at HCC compared to out-of-state tuition at Alabama. Now, being honest, on the funometer, HCC isn't really moving the needle. But it's the pegging of the funometer in 'Bama that initiated the transfer. English 101 is English 101 - on Fowler Avenue or Dale Mabry. Only the $ is different. 

Oh yes, the never ending partying as a freshman, or "pegging of the funometer", that gets people kicked out of their "dream school".   When I was dredging my way through a different state CC (not HCC) I ran in to a few people that bombed their way out of state universities.   One really obnoxious girl was a huge Gators fan and I found out later that she partied so much in her sorority that she flunked out of UF.   I desperate to get out of community college, which we called "13th grade" as an insult, and get into a university.   Thankfully I made my way into USF and that changed my life for the better.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, hightechbull said:

made my way into USF and that changed my life for the better.

Hmmm...we might be related. 

I have a number of alumni friends from the U of SF who were unceremoniously booted from their 'dream school' and continued their education, now bridled and saddled, at HCC and subsequently Harvard on the Hillsborough. Apparently, this is not an uncommon affliction! 😲

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, hightechbull said:
On 9/9/2023 at 11:43 AM, WoolyBully said:

Yep. AA from HCC then two years at USF. Of course, this was back in the days when the bookstore was two trailers joined together out in a dirt field.

But the point is, we have to have the swanky coffee shop and the rock-climbing wall, and numerous pools, and every other sort of amenity you can imagine as part of our marketing program. We have to be able to pitch U of SF as the cool, in-place to be - because not every kid applying is concerned about the Linear Systems or Logic Design classes.  Gotta appeal. Gotta advertise. Always Be Closing! Don't want to miss out on the revenue - regardless of source. 

Neighbor across the street. Daughter spent one year in Tuscaloosa, Alabama and is now back in Tampa, attending HCC - intent on the AA and subsequently, acceptance to U of SF. Dad is elated. Nothing nicer than in-state tuition at HCC compared to out-of-state tuition at Alabama. Now, being honest, on the funometer, HCC isn't really moving the needle. But it's the pegging of the funometer in 'Bama that initiated the transfer. English 101 is English 101 - on Fowler Avenue or Dale Mabry. Only the $ is different. 

Oh yes, the never ending partying as a freshman, or "pegging of the funometer", that gets people kicked out of their "dream school".   When I was dredging my way through a different state CC (not HCC) I ran in to a few people that bombed their way out of state universities.   One really obnoxious girl was a huge Gators fan and I found out later that she partied so much in her sorority that she flunked out of UF.   I desperate to get out of community college, which we called "13th grade" as an insult, and get into a university.   Thankfully I made my way into USF and that changed my life for the better.

It is always interesting to see how life works out as opposed to your plan.  I was accepted at Alabama but, at the last minute, opted to "walk on" at USF.  Lived in an 8' X 22' travel trailer, did pretty much all of my own cooking and probably spent about $2,500 a year total attending college while working all the way through to pay for that, my car and other personal expenses.  Graduated in three years.  Not sure how my life path would have changed had I opted for the original 'Bama plan but pretty sure I couldn't have gotten a degree from an "AAU university" much more affordably.  Even when I got my JD at FSU a dozen years later, with working, my total college debt was about $11,000.  Made up for it all though when I had to give about half of my hard-earned net worth to my ex-wife a quarter century later.  I came to find out that education from the school of experience and hard knocks is much more costly than college tuition and the lessons are much harder.   Now I'm paying for my daughter's high school tuition and it is more a year than my entire time at good ol' USF.  And I have also donated way, way, way more to USF as an alumni than I ever paid as a student.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

I'm sorry but if what you said about never donating any money to USF Athletics is accurate, it makes these takes of yours an even bigger joke than they normally would ....

What about those that kept season tickets through the terrible years and donate money that are not happy or satisfied with USF football under AD Michael Kelly? We have to get better zero excuses.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

17 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

What about those that kept season tickets through the terrible years and donate money that are not happy or satisfied with USF football under AD Michael Kelly?

You do realize that no one is happy or satisfied with USF football right now, right?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You do realize that no one is happy or satisfied with USF football right now, right?

Yep but Football has been a straight nose dive for the last five years. We got to get better. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Yep but Football has been a straight nose dive for the last five years. We got to get better. 

Everyone agrees with that statement.

• Go Bulls! 1