• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,447
  • Days Won:  43

Memphis hoping….

922369C5-7243-441B-A063-89027944C908.png

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Just win.  Get ranked at the end of the season and it will work itself out.  There is so much noise right now that it is easy to lose focus on the goal which is to win as consistently as possible.  The rest is just noise.

I also believe that we fans need to be realistic in our expectations of the team and the admin.  Some people have been assuming  that since we are not now in a P conference that our admin forgot to try and do their job or they just stink at it.  This line of thinking is predicated on the proposition that USF is so valued and desired that Kelly need just let the football world know that we are available and we will have to fight off the offers.  Reality - Not everyone outside of our fanbase has such an inflated opinion of our program.  I know, I know - AAU, TV market, Florida address, yadda yadda.  We have no ***** wins!  We don't deserve a seat at the table...yet.  We're getting ready to go into debt for a project that I hope like Hell that we will be able to pay for.  And it turned out to not be our ticket into a P conference.  Perhaps an OCS was not keeping us out after all.  Maybe it is our record and institutional history with this program.  While the bells and whistles are nice, they are liabilities financially without the wins.

I suggest that we tune out the noise and accept that right now, we are not very marketable and that is why we missed out.  That changes tomorrow.

No, it is predicated on them not investing a single dollar in the program while getting lapped by other schools while getting relegated. This wasn't the fans fault it was the admin plain and simple.

Stop making excuses for this school crapping themselves.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,777
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Reality - Not everyone outside of our fanbase has such an inflated opinion of our program.  I know, I know - AAU, TV market, Florida address, yadda yadda.  We have no ***** wins!  We don't deserve a seat at the table...yet.  We're getting ready to go into debt for a project that I hope like Hell that we will be able to pay for.  And it turned out to not be our ticket into a P conference.  Perhaps an OCS was not keeping us out after all.  Maybe it is our record and institutional history with this program. 

Casablanca Humphrey Bogart GIF - Casablanca Humphrey Bogart Claude Rains -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Well, what if - just throwing it out there - App State and friends were not interested in joining the AAC, for some reason or other. Hmmmm...🤨

Why would that be? Because i could throw things out there too.

Edited by USFBULL_08

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,447
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Why would that be?

Probably because they believe Tulane, Memphis, USF and others are looking for a way out 

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

Probably because they believe Tulane, Memphis, USF and others are looking for a way out 

Guess we shouldnt tell SMU anything about the ACC...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,386
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

No, it is predicated on them not investing a single dollar in the program while getting lapped by other schools while getting relegated. This wasn't the fans fault it was the admin plain and simple.

Stop making excuses for this school crapping themselves.

It is so easy to say.  Which member of the admin that is still here "crapped themselves" and refused to invest a single dollar in the program?

And "the fan's fault"?  Whatever, dude.  Strawman much?

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  2,962
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Just win.  Get ranked at the end of the season and it will work itself out.  There is so much noise right now that it is easy to lose focus on the goal which is to win as consistently as possible.  The rest is just noise.

I suggest that we tune out the noise and accept that right now, we are not very marketable and that is why we missed out.  That changes tomorrow.

Acceptance is a struggle.  I would like the peace that comes along with it though.  The saying is that nothing worth having comes easy.  Just keep working.  Go Bulls!

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,411
  • Days Won:  3

Well. I skipped over about 40 pages to come here and say i dont give a ****. Lets go win a **** game tomorrow and own this conference.

Shut this doom and gloom s***box thread down until December (hopefully January)

Edited by Sk00b
  • Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,565
  • Days Won:  25

19 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

I also believe that we fans need to be realistic in our expectations of the team and the admin.  Some people have been assuming  that since we are not now in a P conference that our admin forgot to try and do their job or they just stink at it.  This line of thinking is predicated on the proposition that USF is so valued and desired that Kelly need just let the football world know that we are available and we will have to fight off the offers.  Reality - Not everyone outside of our fanbase has such an inflated opinion of our program.  I know, I know - AAU, TV market, Florida address, yadda yadda.  We have no ***** wins!  We don't deserve a seat at the table...yet.  We're getting ready to go into debt for a project that I hope like Hell that we will be able to pay for.  And it turned out to not be our ticket into a P conference.  Perhaps an OCS was not keeping us out after all.  Maybe it is our record and institutional history with this program.  While the bells and whistles are nice, they are liabilities financially without the wins.

If only our AD prioritized winning and didn't extend college football's biggest loser after year 2. We could have hired a competent coach and already moving in the right direction. The football extension failed, the men's basketball extension failed, and baseball is trending in the wrong direction two years in a row after the extension.  If baseball doesn't take a huge step forward this year then time to get a new coach. You can't keep guys that have losing records three years in a row.

Edited by Outlaw