• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

The only schools left out in the cold from our BE days are USF and UConn.  If UConn moves to a P4, we'll be the lone "how not to succeed" team in all of BCS/Px history.

• Upvote 1
  • Crying 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Where were those teams when the BE folded? Just because the improved enough to get the call and USF didn't is nobody's fault but USF. And for anyone to sit and think USF deserves anything because we were once #2, AAU, Tampa, or any other BS excuse is just being foolish.

Yes, I agree, USF needs a better conference. But, there is ONLY one way to have any chance at that happening.

I don't think I disagree with most of what you are saying and we are where we are because of various reasons and if we don't get called up its not undeserving , but there is a huge difference between Cincy, Houston, UCF, SMU  and their growth potential vs Charlotte, Rice, and North Texas. I can see UAB, UTSA, and FAU rising over the next few years, but  this AAC is not about the same as it was just after the Big East fell.

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

5 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I don't think I disagree with most of what you are saying and we are where we are because of various reasons and if we don't get called up its not undeserving , but there is a huge difference between Cincy, Houston, UCF, SMU  and their growth potential vs Charlotte, Rice, and North Texas. I can see UAB, UTSA, and FAU rising over the next few years, but  this AAC is not about the same as it was just after the Big East fell.

This may be the worst conference we have ever been in. Including our short time in CUSA. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

7 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

This may be the worst conference we have ever been in. Including our short time in CUSA. 

No doubt, and my only point is that we need to be aggressive and forward thinking since this PAC/AAC/ Mountain West merger presents  a unique opportunity that can better our current situation.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

No doubt, and my only point is that we need to be aggressive and forward thinking since this PAC/AAC/ Mountain West merger presents  a unique opportunity that can better our current situation.

Agreed. This is seemingly the best, but nearly last opportunity to change our fortunes. Do we have an AD that can make it happen? 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, 00Bull said:

Agreed. This is seemingly the best, but nearly last opportunity to change our fortunes. Do we have an AD that can make it happen? 

No, we don’t. 

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

7 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

In the case of SMU, oil. In the case of Stanford, tech. In the case of USF, restaurants and strip clubs! 

Does Rednor have that kind of money?  Maybe he get bring a truck full of $1 bills over to campus.

4 hours ago, Outlaw said:

rocky GIF

The new Rocky  has been selected after several usf athletics surveys 

USF

image.png.04f58143ff88d29b725c32eff9493b85.png

• Haha 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

Today was stupid

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

I see what you are saying and we have to focus on just winning, but what conference you are in and how tough a schedule you play affects whether you make it to play offs or what bowl game you play in. We could go 10-2 in a depleted AAC and still no one would notice. There is unmeasurable benefit of being in ACC or Pac merger.

I would. Really all that matters to me. Just want to see winning football. Bring on Plant and Jesuit and see if we can handle them.

• Upvote 1