• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

5 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

Pac4 plus USF, SMU. Memphis, Tulane gives them 8 with the bigger brands in the AAC. If they intend to add another 2 from the MWC down the line, they could add 2 more from AAC to give you 6 in each division, or they could invite 4 MWC, and make it 8 from the AAC to form a 16-team PAAC with two 8-team divisions

I'm drawing up the paperwork already!

The smarter play is to get a deal in place with 6 teams in the Midwest/East and 2 from the MWC. You will need 12 teams minimum given the inevitability that the conference is going to fail when schools ultimately leave for greener pastures. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

2 hours ago, TallyBull said:

Of course he doesn't name the schools (I'll let you deduce why) but if true (big if) I'd say they're the AAU schools in big cities and SMU: USF, Rice, Tulane, and SMU. Not sure how this could create leverage to get the AAC to vote to dissolve - I'd imagine that would require a 75% vote. 

The point is that the PAC would take 8.  If four are on board to leave to the PAC, the AAC will be considerably weaker.  You offer the next four a life raft in the PAC conference, and you instantly have 8 votes to dissolve the AAC so there are no exit fees.

Big cities and AAU status.  Stanford is calling the shots and that is important to them.

1 minute ago, Who'sYourData? said:

The point is that the PAC would take 8.  If four are on board to leave to the PAC, the AAC will be considerably weaker.  You offer the next four a life raft in the PAC conference, and you instantly have 8 votes to dissolve the AAC so there are no exit fees.

Big cities and AAU status.  Stanford is calling the shots and that is important to them.

The MW has a bigger out clause to pay to get out, I understand.  That drops significantly in a year.  You get 8 from the AAC now because you need 8 to dissolve the AAC.  Then you add four more western schools and you have two divisions of 8, half on each side which makes scheduling much less of a problem.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

4 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Makes sense if it only takes 8 to dissolve the conference. But I don’t know that to be the case. Could be 75%, which would be 11 (if my math is right)?

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

curious as to what would happen to the exit fees owed by the big12 defectors 

3 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Makes sense if it only takes 8 to dissolve the conference. But I don’t know that to be the case. Could be 75%, which would be 11 (if my math is right)?

I have read everywhere it only takes.  I have not read the bylaws.  But 8 would be a majority, so that makes sense.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

6 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I have read everywhere it only takes.  I have not read the bylaws.  But 8 would be a majority, so that makes sense.

thought it took a supermajority to dissolve?

Just now, 2000bull said:

curious as to what would happen to the exit fees owed by the big12 defectors 

That still goes to whatever schools are left, I assume.  I don't see why disillusion would obviate those responsibilities that have already been established.

If the AAC votes to be dissolved, that would release the remaining schools from having to give exit fees.  Now, the threat to dissolve may be enough to give the remaining schools incentive to negotiate a small exit fee package and keeping the AAC branding, etc.

Just now, flsportsfan83 said:

thought it took a supermajority to dissolve?

I keep seeing 8.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

I mean, I would get the subscription just for the season. I have also never seen Ted Lasso, so I could finally watch that as well.

We got a free 3 months of Apple TV when my wife got her new iPad. Well worth watching. Trial is up later this month but now hooked on The Morning Show. May have to put up the $8 or whatever for another month.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

That still goes to whatever schools are left, I assume.  I don't see why disillusion would obviate those responsibilities that have already been established.

If the AAC votes to be dissolved, that would release the remaining schools from having to give exit fees.  Now, the threat to dissolve may be enough to give the remaining schools incentive to negotiate a small exit fee package and keeping the AAC branding, etc.

I keep seeing 8.

Are there 8 teams worth taking? I don’t see it.