• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, WoolyBully said:

It seems to like all of the realignment vis-a-vis USF relies completely on a galaxy of stars lining up and USF being the last kid picked because we are in fact the last kid.

It's unfortunate, but maybe that's our lot in life. Just the way things shake out that we're not a real value-added commodity at this point in history. What happens, after this round of realignment, if we are still right where we are today, in the AAC? 'cause if I had to put money on it, that's where my chips would be. I'm thinking that, all said and done, we're in the AAC for the foreseeable future. All I've seen thus far is P5 (soon to be Autonomous Four) shuffling around at their level - no outreach or expanding outside their strata. No real reason to. 🤔

Yeah exactly. If we thought hearing about the P5 was annoying just wait until they keep using Automous Four.  Hopefully USF is apart of it but I will be damned if I allow USF to act snobbish towards those that are fighting for the crumbs 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

Rooting for college football to get bud lighted this fall. A 25% haircut in overall interest might change some minds in the C suites.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Face it. USF doesn’t add value to the media rights for the P5(4?) conferences.

We just need to dominate our G5 conference. Keep the students engaged with the OCS to grow the fan base. Maybe we’ll get the G5 playoff slot every few years. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

4 hours ago, Gismo said:

We just need to dominate our G5 conference. Keep the students engaged with the OCS to grow the fan base. Maybe we’ll get the G5 playoff slot every few years. 

Sounds good to me. USF can only control what they can. They need to start winning and put the losing culture to rest.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Gismo said:

Dont worry, they will eliminate the G5 autobid soon, already talking about it, making it just the top 8 or 12 teams like bcs,  and rankings have never been good to lowly g5 teams

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

It seems to like all of the realignment vis-a-vis USF relies completely on a galaxy of stars lining up and USF being the last kid picked because we are in fact the last kid.

It's unfortunate, but maybe that's our lot in life. Just the way things shake out that we're not a real value-added commodity at this point in history. What happens, after this round of realignment, if we are still right where we are today, in the AAC? 'cause if I had to put money on it, that's where my chips would be. I'm thinking that, all said and done, we're in the AAC for the foreseeable future. All I've seen thus far is P5 (soon to be Autonomous Four) shuffling around at their level - no outreach or expanding outside their strata. No real reason to. 🤔

It will be tough to be a fan of a team stuck in the AAC for another decade or more if that's what happens. I want to progress and get into a better situation.  But, we don't control any of this.  Similar to the Big East collapse, we are just awaiting our fate.  

The ACC seems like a carrot being dangled in front of us.  They have a history of exclusionary behavior and are self-serving (aren't they all). Attaining AAU may lead to the decision makers reconsidering our viability.  But don't count on it.  Just another mouth to feed right now.

Joining the B12 or BIG might be the solution down the line.  Yes, the BIG, as they have been shut out of FL.  And UCF's travel woes are more concerning for a conference with a larger western presence.  We shall see. 👀  

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

7 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I heard SDSU wanted to merge the all of MWC, AAC, and pac4 to form a new super conference with teams in almost ever major market. It failed obviously.

This was probably the right call for the teams involved, but there is no way to get the conference themselves to consider it, as that would mean a bunch of rich folks would lose their cushy jobs at the league office. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

23 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

This was probably the right call for the teams involved, but there is no way to get the conference themselves to consider it, as that would mean a bunch of rich folks would lose their cushy jobs at the league office. 

I know but you got to least respect their AD for putting something out there and trying to move his team forward.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

We are getting left in the minor leagues.

We have nobody to blame but the poor leadership at USF. They neglected Athletics 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, 00Bull said:

Rooting for college football to get bud lighted this fall. A 25% haircut in overall interest might change some minds in the C suites.

I’m with you on that. I’m done with college sports, I’ll only watch USF and that’s it at this point.