• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  414
  • Days Won:  2

13 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

We need to see how the PAC adds after this but with four left, they must expand. 
if they go something like this

WEST: Washington State,Oregon State, Cal, Stanford, SDSU, Colorado State, Air Force

EAST: SMU, Rice, Memphis, Tulane, USF, Navy/ Wichita State, UAB

that would be attractive, limit travel west and still put the league as top 5, an improvement on where we are.

It's a solid league. The problem is that the PAC needs teams in 2024, so any MWC adds will have to start with that $34M fee and try to negotiate it down. The AAC teams would have to pay at least the $18M we paid while giving the AAC significantly less notice. All of this to earn maybe $10M to $15M a year.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Bull Nut said:

I don't recall putting any qualifiers on the size of programs when referring to athletic directors speaking publicly about conference realignment. The Three stooges do not impact the fact that a university president, who is typically the AD's boss, is making public statements regarding the impacts of conference realignment on their university. With regards to USF specifically, in my opinion, silence is worse than a cheesy canned corporate response.

It’s better to be silent and thought an idiot than open your mouth and announce it to everyone. Quietly failing has worked thus far, why make it clear there is actually no plan or solution? But hey at least we get the $350 million dollar stadium consolation  prize, so that’s nice.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

I'm calling it right now. The ACC is going to allow FSU, Clemson, Virginia, and UNC leave. (I'm still not convinced FSU has a place)  They will pay the conference $20 mill a year for 10 years.   New schools USF, UNCONN, ECU and West Virginia take their spots   Thats $800 mill for the remaining 10 schools, plus new schools get get reduced income for 5 years., so they make a little more.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

3 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

image.jpeg.e3f4267e1f24170548f365eed40eab07.jpeg

Put a digital countdown in the middle of that shield and you got it!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

9 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

I don't recall putting any qualifiers on the size of programs when referring to athletic directors speaking publicly about conference realignment. The Three stooges do not impact the fact that a university president, who is typically the AD's boss, is making public statements regarding the impacts of conference realignment on their university. With regards to USF specifically, in my opinion, silence is worse than a cheesy canned corporate response.

The Big 12 is currently undergoing some significant changes. Pretty sure MK made comments, probably cheesy, back when the AAC was undergoing same. A cheesy canned corporate response would probably sound pretty stupid right now .... but he may be forced to give one if there's enough hand wringing.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Just now, UCF_rustbucket said:

It's a solid league. The problem is that the PAC needs teams in 2024, so any MWC adds will have to start with that $34M fee and try to negotiate it down. The AAC teams would have to pay at least the $18M we paid while giving the AAC significantly less notice. All of this to earn maybe $10M to $15M a year.

Which is why they will need a complete Eastern Wing for 2024. Remember that for2024 they are still part of the P5 bowl deal that’s almost 5 million per team from CFP. The 17-18 million can be paid over years as those that left early. They need teams so pretty sure they would need to offer full shares.

2 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

I'm calling it right now. The ACC is going to allow FSU, Clemson, Virginia, and UNC leave. (I'm still not convinced FSU has a place)  They will pay the conference $20 mill a year for 10 years.   New schools USF, UNCONN, ECU and West Virginia take their spots   Thats $800 mill for the remaining 10 schools, plus new schools get get reduced income for 5 years., so they make a little more.  

West Virginia isn’t leaving B12 for ACC they signed a long term GOR

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

5 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

image.jpeg.e3f4267e1f24170548f365eed40eab07.jpeg

That's sad ....... and totally ****** up.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

The Big 12 is currently undergoing some significant changes. Pretty sure MK made comments, probably cheesy, back when the AAC was undergoing same. A cheesy canned corporate response would probably sound pretty stupid right now .... but he may be forced to give one if there's enough hand wringing.

Sounds perfectly in his wheel house 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

We're on our way to a few dozen viable programs.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

WVU going to the ACC is laughable. They are already in a better conference.

• Upvote 1