• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

16 hours ago, Brad said:

So it was one year old then?

😜

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, 350_BULL said:

Yes you are correct to our dear bulls fans community. But even now looking back I would have to question our success. What really is success? I was there when soft White was picked six by Ben Moffitt in a packed Ray Jay, there when Maikon Bonani kicked a game winner vs Kansas, and there when Daniels started vs FSwho to upset those cocky holes. At that time I would've passionately said that this program is top notch world beater that can take anyone any place and looking back at it it's all fan green and gold goggles.

The truth is we have no hardware to truly cement our "success" in the history books, yes some small bowl wins and a runner up at the brut sunbowl award (I mention this one bc it still hurts me much to this day as this was one of our biggest failures in the national stage as two former No. 2 teams going head to head only for us to get demolished). But really we never really put that big time bow at the end of a season to claim our success to cash in. We just haven't. I'll say this once as it pains me, the boys from the east did and they did it just about every big stage chance they had in the spot light. Gross.

And MBB basketball, let's not go there, other than Stan Heath's breath smelling march madness, it has been a while since there has been continued success. WBB is the sport I will say that the proof is in the pudding, I hope we never lose Jose Fernandez he is a great coach. But sad to say that WBB is not going to be enough to carry us to the ACC/B12.

And while all that is true - how do you explain Rutgers?

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  1

21 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Reaction GIF

• Haha 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Well I have been told that Rutgers brings with them the New York City market. UConn is going to do the same for the Big 12. Same way that Syracuse did for the ACC. I think I read that somewhere on the internet.

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

On 7/29/2023 at 8:49 AM, Jim Johnson said:

That was a number that Dennis Dodds at CBS Sports came up with last year... that's not likely correct.

The UNC Athletic Director said the GOR number starts at a high of $360 (12 years at $30 million per)... but the uncertainty arises because that's not going to be the final number.

Plus the fact that schools could pay some portion of it over a period of time.  Let's say the negotiated GOR + Exit fee ends up at $300 million total to leave for 2025-2026.  FSU agrees to pay $100 million up front and pay $20 million per year for 10 years.  THAT number is easily doable... Worst case scenario, they could borrow the $300 million from their Foundation with the promise to repay it over 10 years from the SEC or B1G TV Contract and/or additional donations.

FSU, Clemson, UNC, UVa, Miami, and other ACC teams -- they all have the money they need to get out of the GOR in he above scenario.   With ESPN looking for money, especially over time, it is definitely plausible... the hard part is that one or more of the schools will have to sue ESPN to initiate the proceedings.  It just becomes a question of how ESPN would react.

Interesting.  If another internet-rumor-dude is to be believed.

• Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

And from CFN.  They have our AAU status wrong and DMA market is actually 11 now...

COLLEGEFOOTBALLNEWS.COM

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

6 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

There is no one size fits all answer to all the choices made for expansion.  The B1G obviously thought Rutgers was a good fit for their conference and they brought them in ...... only the ones who made the decision have the answer to why.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

25 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

And from CFN.  They have our AAU status wrong and DMA market is actually 11 now...

COLLEGEFOOTBALLNEWS.COM

I can't find the #11 ranking. Do you have a source?

https://ustvdb.com/seasons/2022-23/markets/