• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,484
  • Days Won:  43

16 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

WVU is no longer on an island since they have Cincinnati (and UCF to a much lesser extent).

BYU is no longer on an island with Colorado potentially joining.

That leaves UCF. Why would the Big 12 take UConn and have 2 islands?

Great points and question.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

16 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

They might perceive a UCONN island worth it given the basketball program's cache. But I like your point and agree with it.

Ok, and why would UConn want to be an island? They left the AAC because a) they were way off in the northeast and travel sucked, and b) the quality of teams they were playing in basketball was a steep drop off from what their fans expect. They went back to the Big East to go back to playing regional teams and old rivalries. Going to the Big 12 only solves one of those problems (the quality of competition in basketball, at least in MBB).

For the record, nothing would surprise me anymore in realignment, I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see UConn hold their nose and take the island for the increase in media money and maintaining or improving basketball prestige.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

My gut reaction to the idea that Colorado may announce a plan to move today is that in general we want stability for a while, to allow us to win some games and bulk up our resume. The more movement now, the more likely our home gets less appealing. I don't think Colorado by itself changes much for us. Just concerned that it is the start of more moves, and not only might we get left behind, but our league could lose more off the top. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, GoBulls84 said:

Ok, and why would UConn want to be an island? They left the AAC because a) they were way off in the northeast and travel sucked, and b) the quality of teams they were playing in basketball was a steep drop off from what their fans expect. They went back to the Big East to go back to playing regional teams and old rivalries. Going to the Big 12 only solves one of those problems (the quality of competition in basketball, at least in MBB).

For the record, nothing would surprise me anymore in realignment, I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see UConn hold their nose and take the island for the increase in media money and maintaining or improving basketball prestige.

Your last paragraph sums a lot of it up. Money talks and unfortunately it has messed up the college landscaped. I’m sorry but WVU sold out  for the money and now they are an afterthought. Maybe Cincy can keep their island company but it still is a joke of a travel schedule for their sports. Ditto UCF. Hopefully USF is in the ACC soon 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

9 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

I agree with you. That said, $$$ seems to be driving most realignment decisions nowadays, so who knows.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

I been seeing rumors by 8/15 that FSU is making a move 

To where? SEC?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, Bull Gooner said:

To where? SEC?

big ten

presumably FSU and Miami make the leap

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,075
  • Days Won:  469

36 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

My gut reaction to the idea that Colorado may announce a plan to move today is that in general we want stability for a while, to allow us to win some games and bulk up our resume.

I do too, but I sense an upcoming feeding frenzy...

Along with that rumor of Colorado has been the Arizona schools and maybe Utah...

dominos GIF

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  411
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

If true then it just proves how bad leadership is within the PAC12. I would rank them below some of the G5 conferences at this point 

673A5289-D5B6-4FAF-BE68-C87A8BD2BCBE.png

This is why I repeatedly have been telling you that your PAC > Big 12 posts and ones saying the PAC can pick the Big 12 were way off. The PAC is in an extremely vulnerable spot until teams get locked down again so it always made more sense for a PAC team to be tempted to make the move for stability rather than a Big 12 team pay $50M+.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bull Gooner said:

To where? SEC?

Good question. Some say big ten and others say SEC. The question is do those conferences want FSU?