• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, SilverBull said:

They were playing in the old, decrepit Citrus Bowl, which was nearly falling down, located in a very bad part of Orlando and further away from their campus than Ray Jay is from USF.  They really didn't have a lot of choice but to move.

Ahh.  The good old days.  Good memories.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

4 hours ago, Bull Awakening said:

Exactly!! I been crying for an OCS since 1997.  The control & prestige factor is hard to ignore once people see USF playing on their own OCS. Possibilities are endless. Especially with the growth of Uptown Tampa we will be like Syracuse South. Good in both mens hoops & football 

You have been right since 1997

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

I don't understand the debate here...

Yes, we need to win. That goes without saying. 

But, all G5 schools that moved to the P5 in the past decade had an OCS (or something very similar). 

We won a lot in 2016/2017 and it always felt like an AWAY game. 

Remember, NCAA Football is a ticking time bomb... between the HAVES and the HAVE NOTs (NILs, Transfer Portal, HC carousel, Conference Alignment and Media contracts). 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'ON3 On3 @On3sports Florida State AD Michael Alford reportedly presented potential buyout figures with the school's board of trustees earlier today while discussing the topic of potentially eaving the ACC, according to @MBakerTBTimes. Story:on3.com/coleg/fori...'

This could be a great opportunity for USF. Simple plug-and-play. New IPF, new stadium, and finally a commitment to the FB program. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

Would anyone be upset if USF was brought into a P5 conference at an unequal payment compared to the upper tiers?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Skingraft said:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'ON3 On3 @On3sports Florida State AD Michael Alford reportedly presented potential buyout figures with the school's board of trustees earlier today while discussing the topic of potentially eaving the ACC, according to @MBakerTBTimes. Story:on3.com/coleg/fori...'

This could be a great opportunity for USF. Simple plug-and-play. New IPF, new stadium, and finally a commitment to the FB program. 

(My) Dream conference.

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,733
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

Would anyone be upset if USF was brought into a P5 conference at an unequal payment compared to the upper tiers?

Not me. Plus, it would very likely be unequal to what the AAC pays. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, Bear said:

But, all G5 schools that moved to the P5 in the past decade had an OCS (or something very similar). 

All 3 of them …..

Where we play has had little, if any, effect on why we are where we are at this point. It’ll be nice to get one now, though. 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,733
  • Days Won:  0

48 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

(My) Dream conference.

I grew up in North Carolina until I moved to Florida in the 6th grade. I was a huge N.C. State fan because my dad got his degree there, and as a consequence I have always had a soft spot in my heart for the ACC.  USF in the ACC would be so perfect for this old Bull. 🤘

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

5 hours ago, SilverBull said:

Also, much has been made of UCF's decision to invest in an on-campus stadium.  They were playing in the old, decrepit Citrus Bowl, which was nearly falling down, located in a very bad part of Orlando and further away from their campus than Ray Jay is from USF.  They really didn't have a lot of choice but to move.

All because the City of Orlando didn't want to renovate the Citrus Bowl or share revenue...  UCF built the stadium in about 21 months from BOT approval to opening day, without the "design phase" process USF is starting in officially March... UCF stadium construction took 16 months while USF has said 24 or more months.