• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

But we have to start somewhere and at some time. Constantly saying (at the start of every season) that we don't have to win this year will create no rush and complacency which we simply cannot afford if we are going to a better conference.   

Absolutely, and it would be optimum if the team cooperated and it's this year, but it won't be the ******* end of the world that it would be portrayed as if it doesn't. 2023 is the make or break year on if we have to start over .................. again.

And constantly saying anything on a message board has no bearing whatsoever on creating a rush and/or complacency in regards to getting to a better conference. I'm sure there's no complacency in that regard with the people actually trying to do something about it ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  35
  • Days Won:  0

Saying that we are getting into the ACC is as realistic as saying that ucf is going to the SEC! Let’s set real expectations and hope that we have a chance at getting into the B12 (or whatever it will be called). We have to win now and the stadium has to become a reality and we’ll be in a position to move up. In the meantime, we have to use this season to prepare for a weaker AAC and then run the table for 2-3 years. We’ll get ranked and back in the conversation.  Our facilities and academics will do the rest.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

It's really just athletics at this point that's keeping us from a better athletic conference. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Steve said:

Saying that we are getting into the ACC is as realistic as saying that ucf is going to the SEC! Let’s set real expectations and hope that we have a chance at getting into the B12 (or whatever it will be called). We have to win now and the stadium has to become a reality and we’ll be in a position to move up. In the meantime, we have to use this season to prepare for a weaker AAC and then run the table for 2-3 years. We’ll get ranked and back in the conversation.  Our facilities and academics will do the rest.

Yup, we need to concentrate on what we can control. We can control the constant upgrades to our athletic facilities, we can control the building of the new OCS, and we can control our commitment to the success of our programs. If we produce winning teams, then the rest will take care of itself and we will be invited to a better conference. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

20 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Absolutely, and it would be optimum if the team cooperated and it's this year, but it won't be the ******* end of the world that it would be portrayed as if it doesn't. 2023 is the make or break year on if we have to start over .................. again.

And constantly saying anything on a message board has no bearing whatsoever on creating a rush and/or complacency in regards to getting to a better conference. I'm sure there's no complacency in that regard with the people actually trying to do something about it ....

For sure, no one of us has that power, but I do believe that the "win now" perspective is representitive of many in our  fan base and we are starting to feel weary of past decisions and results. I agree, BK has to know this and well as CJS. I hope they are the team that turns all of this around. 

14 minutes ago, Rob-Bull said:

Yup, we need to concentrate on what we can control. We can control the constant upgrades to our athletic facilities, we can control the building of the new OCS, and we can control our commitment to the success of our programs. If we produce winning teams, then the rest will take care of itself and we will be invited to a better conference. 

This

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

For sure, no one of us has that power, but I do believe that the "win now" perspective is representitive of many in our  fan base and we are starting to feel weary of past decisions and results. I agree, BK has to know this and well as CJS. I hope they are the team that turns all of this around. 

This

This starts this season! I foresee both USF football & mens hoops taking big steps forward this fall. Go Bulls!!

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Epic slip?!! 17 ACC schools?

3E57F3CF-C592-4FEA-9820-141CC9CDC728.png

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

10 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Epic slip?!! 17 ACC schools?

3E57F3CF-C592-4FEA-9820-141CC9CDC728.png

Do I think that means were going to the ACC? No.

Am I going to let it get my hopes up then be annoyed at USF when it doesn't? Of course

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

Gerry could give us a decent year, but it's just a one year fix. We still need to find a QB or it's back to winning a handful of games at best.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  275
  • Days Won:  2

15 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Gerry could give us a decent year, but it's just a one year fix. We still need to find a QB or it's back to winning a handful of games at best.

I believe he has 2 years of eligibility left.