• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

“The ACC has no chance of competing with the Big Ten or SEC without Notre Dame,” Finebaum said. "I think Clemson wants out of the ACC badly and so does Florida State ... this is all predicated on Notre Dame, by the way. I think things are going to happen. There's way too much activity going on. I think the chips are going to fall all over the place here."

https://www.si.com/college/fsu/football/paul-finebaum-believes-florida-state-wants-badly-out-of-the-acc

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

53 minutes ago, hm101 said:

“The ACC has no chance of competing with the Big Ten or SEC without Notre Dame,” Finebaum said. "I think Clemson wants out of the ACC badly and so does Florida State ... this is all predicated on Notre Dame, by the way. I think things are going to happen. There's way too much activity going on. I think the chips are going to fall all over the place here."

https://www.si.com/college/fsu/football/paul-finebaum-believes-florida-state-wants-badly-out-of-the-acc

Yup! It is just a matter of time now.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

I find the coverage of the Tampa papers to be negative most of the time and that goes all the way back to Leavitt and McMurphy days. They always cover themselves by saying they just report and are not there to write feel good stories about USF. But that’s a lie when you see the difference in how they write about UF and USF. 

McMurphy wrote for the Trib... which died because people don't want to pay for local news any more.

3 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Does USF have a beat writer now?

Nope.  Matt Baker is the Times' college football writer. They can't afford to have a dedicated beat writer because people don't want to pay for local news any more.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

15 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

McMurphy wrote for the Trib... which died because people don't want to pay for local news any more.

Nope.  Matt Baker is the Times' college football writer. They can't afford to have a dedicated beat writer because people don't want to pay for local news any more.

Whatever... Baker & McKnight thought they could catch more flies with vinegar than with honey. They chased local USF fans away instead of cultivating like Bianchi did for Oviedo...

Edited by BayIslandBull
  • Upvote 3

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

I’d pay for a Mike Bianchi, double or more, in fact.  

The papers aren’t struggling because of Bulls fans.  However, their elitist mindset lasts until today. Fans of so many Tampa pro and other state teams left them, they might think about that.  Maybe reshape their thinking.  A lot have gone to fans’ sites.  No need to pay someone to crap on your team.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,843
  • Days Won:  22

18 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

I know that’s why I said Tampa papers. It makes no difference whether it was the Tribune or the Times none of their sports editors have treated USF anywhere near as they do UF. So not surprised at all the negative BS they spiel and not surprised USF fans would not follow them.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,732
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, hm101 said:

Or the dominos? 

DefiniteTediousGroundhog-size_restricted.gif

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

I find the coverage of the Tampa papers to be negative most of the time and that goes all the way back to Leavitt and McMurphy days. They always cover themselves by saying they just report and are not there to write feel good stories about USF. But that’s a lie when you see the difference in how they write about UF and USF. 

Reality is it is negative at times but I don't think it's more often than not. It's just that people go apeshit when it is negative, sometimes warranted, sometimes not and the positive stuff gets ignored ......

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,843
  • Days Won:  22

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Reality is it is negative at times but I don't think it's more often than not. It's just that people go apeshit when it is negative, sometimes warranted, sometimes not and the positive stuff gets ignored ......

We will have to disagree on this. If you compare it to their reporting on UF the disparity is readily apparent.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

35 minutes ago, Brad said:

I’d pay for a Mike Bianchi, double or more, in fact.

We've gone over this **** ad nauseum. The TB area had their "Bianchis" back when they were trying to become a major sports area. Orlando is a glorified college town with only a weak NBA franchise for local writers to cover. Bianchi is doing the same stuff that the McEwens and Mizells did in trying to up the local sports profile for his own benefit. Maybe if there hadn't been a UT football program when there was, USF may have decided to start football earlier and possibly would have been pimped by the Tampa Bay "Bianchis" back then .....

• Upvote 1