• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Sooo, nothing new today lol

Nothing new that the cons know about yet. So right now odds are going up more likely the Big 12 gets raided once again the longer this goes on 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

42 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Sooo, nothing new today lol

https://www.si.com/college/fsu/football/sources-florida-state-exploring-leaving-acc-for-new-conference

59 minutes ago, hm101 said:

Yup! The domino that will help USF get into ACC.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

24 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

I hope so, but man, these PAC-12/ACC “loose alliance” talks have got me down. The “haves” are trying really really hard to keep out the “have nots.”

But the sad reality is that EVERYONE outside of the SEC and B1G will soon be a “have not” - so why are they fighting it so hard? Do Oregon State and Washington State, Boston College and Wake Forest really think they’re going to compete in the upper echelons of college football forever?

You can only cling to your “P5” status so long… we’re coming for you…

Edited by TallyBull
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I hope so, but man, these PAC-12/ACC “loose alliance” talks have got me down. The “haves” are trying really really hard to keep out the “have nots.”

But the sad reality is that EVERYONE outside of the SEC and B1G will soon be a “have not” - so why are they fighting it so hard? Do Oregon State and Washington State, Boston College and Wake Forest really think they’re going to compete in the upper echelons of college football forever?

You can only cling to your “P5” status so long… we’re coming for you…

Yes I agree. The more self destruction of P5 the better for us now.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

What I see happening is the creation of 3 levels with close to 40 teams each. The BiG and SEC will have 20 teams each making up 40. A mid tier with the remnants of the power 5 conferences and possibly some add-on teams like our beloved Bulls making up two more mega conferences of 20 each. Then a bottom tier with the rest. Something like this. All the powerhouse programs are consolidating power and money and we are being left out, but we aren’t the only ones. Lots of previous power 5 teams will be left out as well and pushed down to mid tier. That’s the way it was in reality anyway. This just formalizes things.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

51 minutes ago, OhioBull said:

What I see happening is the creation of 3 levels with close to 40 teams each. The BiG and SEC will have 20 teams each making up 40. A mid tier with the remnants of the power 5 conferences and possibly some add-on teams like our beloved Bulls making up two more mega conferences of 20 each. Then a bottom tier with the rest. Something like this. All the powerhouse programs are consolidating power and money and we are being left out, but we aren’t the only ones. Lots of previous power 5 teams will be left out as well and pushed down to mid tier. That’s the way it was in reality anyway. This just formalizes things.

What’s the difference between tier 3 and FCS?

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Bull Daly said:

No it won't.  If the Pac 12 ACC alliance comes to fruition, the ACC will have no need to add anyone.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  254
  • Days Won:  0

The law of unintended consequences of this hyperopic consolidation of big school names is that while intending to pool the ‘big money’, they neglect to acknowledge the negative influence of unpairing decades of intermediate football rivalries attempt to disrupt the Goliath (Duke vs FSU, et al).  An attempt to only pool the perennial schools underscores the power brokers misunderstanding of the essential cog that makes the NCAA system appeal to so many outside of Austin and Gainesville.  The lack of David vs Goliath stories will have a greater effect than they give credit to.  

Seeing only the big winners play each other will be attract many, though over time the elimination of the chance an up and coming to excel against a Goliath is essential in the NCAA system of appeal and will tire the average consumer.  America likes the undergoes- always has.   I believe this missing key element will eventually come at a cost. Most in the US don’t watch college football from Ann Arbor, Gainesville, Austin or Big Bend.  Instead the majority of college football is watched from an aggregate of places like Boise, Duluth, Memphis  and Lubbock.  Over time this will result in a greater cost than originally intended IMO. 

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Agree.  I watch only one team. It is South Florida.  I’m in the aggregate, and you’re correct, I don’t care about a single team from the Big10 or SEC.  For professional football, I watch the NFL.  

• Like 2