• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

Every time I read about west coast or midwest teams to the ACC, I die a little more inside. I know geography doesn't matter anymore (we're told), rivalries don't matter, etc., but shouldn't the name of the **** conference at least describe what it is? B1G and B12 are pretty neutral, location-wise, and SEC is pretty broad if you squint while determining where the line for South or East is. But, the A in ACC and all of PAC are pretty definite and specific. I really hope this crazy cross-coast conference crap dies out soon.

• Like 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

It should bring us all joy that Mike Aresco is sitting this one out but with his eye on protecting the integrity of the AAC.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,475
  • Days Won:  13

This makes a lot of sense.  ESPN has built infrastructure and with declining cable subscriber numbers, inventory is becoming critical... which is why ESPN is trying to lock in the ACC/B12/P12 teams.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

33 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

If this happens ESPN would screw USF for a second time.

And this makes more sense as it allows all of the “other” teams to find a safe landing. I am feeling more and more like USF it’s not going anywhere.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

None of these idiotic, college-football ruining scenarios means crap if USF is not called up.  Some of these ideas are just beyond stupid.  I remember thinking how USF was on an island in the Big East.  At least we were in the same time zone.  WVU to the Big 12 was ridiculous, too (not to mention the end of the backyard brawl tradition), and I (along with WVU fans) thought that was beyond stupid.  Now the big 10 (which consisted of 10 midwestern schools when I was a kid, and the ultimate goal was to win the Big 10 and go to the Rose Bowl and play most likely USC or UCLA) is taking the 2 LA schools?  GTFO.  Beam me up, Scotty.  I want off this planet before all this gets more stupid.

Do you think someday these teams will regret this and want to go back to a more regional model?  Maybe when the TV money bubble bursts?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

None of these idiotic, college-football ruining scenarios means crap if USF is not called up.  Some of these ideas are just beyond stupid.  I remember thinking how USF was on an island in the Big East.  At least we were in the same time zone.  WVU to the Big 12 was ridiculous, too (not to mention the end of the backyard brawl tradition), and I (along with WVU fans) thought that was beyond stupid.  Now the big 10 (which consisted of 10 midwestern schools when I was a kid, and the ultimate goal was to win the Big 10 and go to the Rose Bowl and play most likely USC or UCLA) is taking the 2 LA schools?  GTFO.  Beam me up, Scotty.  I want off this planet before all this gets more stupid.

Do you think someday these teams will regret this and want to go back to a more regional model?  Maybe when the TV money bubble bursts?

Agreed. This is completely ridiculous. In an ideal world the conferences are purely regional. I'd love a conference of only Florida teams. Or Florida and gerogia. Then a legit playoff. Unfortunately it's too far gone which I why I generally lean towards folding our football program. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • ???? 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,475
  • Days Won:  13

17 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I think eventually the various sports will break apart... Football will be spread far and wide... but the Olympic sports will eventually be more regional.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

2 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

I think eventually the various sports will break apart... Football will be spread far and wide... but the Olympic sports will eventually be more regional.

I was thinking about this the other day.  They will not be in same conference with other sports - it will be football only and then you'll start to see the more irrelevant football programs fold.  Hang in there @DontPushMe.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Nothing like working 10 hours to spend the next hour searching to find out about realignment lol…..hoping for some closure or hope