• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

We can drop the ACC thoughts... but looks like Pac 12 looking at SDSU and UNLV.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

23 minutes ago, bull2saintleo said:

I saw this too, seems like he either knows more than he can put on or like you said he's comfortable with out situation wherever and whenever that is.

I'm fairly certain that the push for the stadium was as a result of a directive from the Big 12. The B1G expanding was inevitable. Everyone knew that 2024-2025 season was the time for the tidal shift. USF has positioned itself to have the facilities for expansion. The timing of Memphis upgrading Liberty Stadium was pretty obvious as well. Could very well be Memphis, USF, BSU, and SDSU to the Big 12, with potentially more if the PAC 12 wants more Big 12 teams. When all is said and done, we are going to have conferences that look like this:

SEC:
EAST:  Georgia, Kentucky, Florida, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Missouri, South Carolina, Clemson, FSU, UNC
WEST: Bama, Auburn, A&M, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss St., LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, and one out of: OK St, Cal, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, ASU

B1G:
East: Michigan, OSU, Penn State, Mich St, Maryland, Rutgets, Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Notre Dame
West: Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Northwestern, USC, UCLA, Oregon, and then one of Washington, Utah, Cal, Colorado

Edited by BullyPulpit

5 minutes ago, bulloni said:

We was the SR associate commish at the ACC for 6 years then the COO of the CFP for 6 years before coming here, so he likely has a lot of connections that are involved in realignment and is pretty well informed on whats happening.

My guess is he knows where USF stands on the ACC pecking order from his time in their front office. Multiple local reporters have mentioned thats the goal internally. He might know this is going to trigger FSU, Clemson, Miami, UVA, and UNC to all get poached as well and USF with our new facilities are in the next group that'll get brought in.

I have heard the ACC GoR is far too punitive or 2 or 3 ACC teams would have already been brought in (FSU, Clemson, UNC). The ACC is highly unlikely to do anything for quite sometime. The SEC is going to hold seats for the teams that it wants. The current SEC TV deal with ESPN runs through 2034. The ACC GoR expires in 2036. The timing on all of this is pretty clear. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

10 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

We can drop the ACC thoughts... but looks like Pac 12 looking at SDSU and UNLV.

I hope UNLV lands in a good spot. They are my 2nd favorite college team 😂😂

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  416
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, bulloni said:

We was the SR associate commish at the ACC for 6 years then the COO of the CFP for 6 years before coming here, so he likely has a lot of connections that are involved in realignment and is pretty well informed on whats happening.

My guess is he knows where USF stands on the ACC pecking order from his time in their front office. Multiple local reporters have mentioned thats the goal internally. He might know this is going to trigger FSU, Clemson, Miami, UVA, and UNC to all get poached as well and USF with our new facilities are in the next group that'll get brought in.

Basically my same sentiment, feels good on positioning based on program improvements. But no actual details because USF's opening is still a few moves away. Even in your scenario, the ACC would need to be raided first. His connections would help, but what I'm trying to say is if the ACC/Big 12 only expand after getting raided and that hasn't happened yet, then there's no way he knows of an actual invite in hand.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Can’t imagine how this thread will explode for real on the day we are part of the realignment in a positive way

Whatever happens, we CANNOT miss out on this next round of musical chairs. If we aren't sitting in the a P5 when the music stops it's going to be a long decade plus until the ACC's GoR expires. 

Edited by Jim Johnson

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  416
  • Days Won:  2

13 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Whatever happens, we CANNOT miss out on this next round of musical chairs. If we aren't sitting in the a P5 when the music stops it's going to be a long decade plus until the ACC's GoR expires. 

If what the sports writers are saying is true, it may not even be a P5. It'll be a P2 and then 2 or 3 tweener conferences, then the G5. But either way, you'd rather be as high as you can get even if it's the middle 2 or 3 rather than being G5. The way the SEC and B1G are consolidating, both our schools may be like 50 years too late as far as FBS history goes to have a realistic chance of being included.