• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,143
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, UCF11and1 said:

Just by building the OCS, the attendance went from 10,000 fans plus 1,000 students to 30,000-35,000. Donations went from $2M to $10-12M per year. All of this after the other 0-fer season we had with GOL.

I still remember all the feelings that first day going around campus with other 50,000 UCF alums and fans. The colleges had events in each building and it was like going back in time.

Yep I can't convey this enough to our old guard.  I like being at road games more than home games usually.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,143
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Didn’t we lose some heavy hitter donors when the administration decided to change the seating cost and payments for season ticket holders? About 9 years ago I believe. It created a real stink and many dropped their season tickets because the point system changed. 

We did do everything possible to piss people off and run them off.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Didn’t we lose some heavy hitter donors when the administration decided to change the seating cost and payments for season ticket holders? About 9 years ago I believe. It created a real stink and many dropped their season tickets because the point system changed. 

i dropped my seats 

i used to donate them 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  111
  • Days Won:  0

Things are gonna be ok. Reports say that USF is one of the next in line if/when The Big 12 goes to 14. Even 16 is still an option as well.

Edited by cougar king

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

35 minutes ago, smazza said:

i dropped my seats 

i used to donate them 

I knew you would step up and help 😀

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  29
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Kanigit comments need to be confined to the Mother of All Threads .... Zero tolerance policy is in full effect.

Never understood the "Kanigit" references to UCF on this board.  Is that meant to be as racist as it sounds to me...or is there another reference that I just don't understand?

Not trying to cause trouble, just looking to understand.

Edited by rts

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, rts said:

Never understood the "Kanigit" references to UCF on this board.  Is that meant to be as racist as it sounds to me...or is there another reference that I just don't understand?

Interesting I barely skim anything anyone else writes and try to just focus on what I have to say so I’ve always just always read it as Kanight and pronouncing the k, I don’t exactly get Kanigit (but I admittedly don’t know much about them)  either so I am somewhat interested in the answer 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  774
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Interesting I barely skim anything anyone else writes and try to just focus on what I have to say so I’ve always just always read it as Kanight and pronouncing the k, I don’t exactly get Kanigit (but I admittedly don’t know much about them)  either so I am somewhat interested in the answer 

I’m interested as well. Urban dictionary seems to be off a little bit. 

The obnoxious French pronunciation of the English word "knight" specifically of King Arthur and His knights of the Round Table in the movie Monty Python and The Holy Grail.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

21 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

Build it 35,000...with nice seats and amenities like UCF's Tower Club for your "old" fans that need that sort of thing.  You can also put individual seatbacks in the rows below the Tower Club and charge higher ticket prices/donation levels for those seats.  Expand the stadium in the future when necessary.

Yea 35k with berm seating would be perfect.  So could pack in maybe an extra 10k for cheap seats for a huge game. I kind of like the stadium Akron has but that's 30k. Cost was well under 100 million In 2009. 

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, rts said:

We can use Gnats or , better yet, Golden Showers if you prefer..................

• Haha 1