• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

You are absolutely correct.  There is something missing from USF students on the whole when it comes to loving their school.  Don't know if it stems from the commuter school days but there just doesn't seem to be an attachment. Sure, there may be a couple hundred that feel that attachment but doesn't seem to be many.  And, as many have pointed out before, the Yuengling Center is on campus and students can't seem to find their way there either. We've gone to music events at the Performing Arts Center on campus and they are filled with old people like us and a few friends of the kids performing. 

My contention is still the biggest impact an ocs would have would be on current students (football is a different draw thsn hoops) but I'm not sure that's enough to say we HAVE to have one ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

As a Bulls alum and life long fan, who has been living in Orlando since 2001 can say that I have watched UCF build the experience from the ground up.  They deserve what they have earned to this point.  We need to be humble and as much as it sucks, and stings come to terms with we are on the outside looking in for now.  The OCS is absolutely the doorway which will lead to bigger and better opportunities, but the fans can not lose faith or hope in the university they love.  UCF never did and they have had not one but 2 win-less season over the last 20 years.  What UCF is doing should have no bearing on what we do or fail to do. It is up to us no one else.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Didn’t we lose some heavy hitter donors when the administration decided to change the seating cost and payments for season ticket holders? About 9 years ago I believe. It created a real stink and many dropped their season tickets because the point system changed. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

7 minutes ago, UCF11and1 said:

You guys care and, for what I’ve seen, have some big donors on this site. Are they fake (only donate the minimum to get tickets) or doesn’t the school listen to boosters?

Big donors is a relative thing.  USF has a total of just over 130 people that donate over $10k.  The number of people that can donate double digit millions is probably limited to a couple dozen or less and many of them don't give a crap about athletics and they donate to medical, business, engineering, etc.  Our biggest athletic donor is a basketball guy.

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, michibull said:

I would disagree with this. We have been there for the program, the Admin has not been there for us. From the moment we got into the BE the stands were packed, and the Admin invested $0 into growing into the role. THEY failed us, now it’s on THEM to win us back. I’ve bought too much of their bad product to take it on faith, that’s not how business works. 

Still see a lot of alumni apathy. 

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Didn’t we lose some heavy hitter donors when the administration decided to change the seating cost and payments for season ticket holders? About 9 years ago I believe. It created a real stink and many dropped their season tickets because the point system changed. 

I think the ones we lost then were just the opposite. They were grandfathered at a low price into high donor level seating and got pissed when Harlan pulled the grandfathering. it was one of the positive things he tried to do while here ...

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Big donors is a relative thing.  USF has a total of just over 130 people that donate over $10k.  The number of people that can donate double digit millions is probably limited to a couple dozen or less and many of them don't give a crap about athletics and they donate to medical, business, engineering, etc.  Our biggest athletic donor is a basketball guy.

At the NC State game this week, it was their "Wolf Club" game.  They had a presentation where they had $15 million in donations from their club members.  I remember a few years ago USF's touted how "big" theirs was at a little more than $4 million.

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

3 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

At the NC State game this week, it was their "Wolf Club" game.  They had a presentation where they had $15 million in donations from their club members.  I remember a few years ago USF's touted how "big" theirs was at a little more than $4 million.

It is all relative. One of their workers was telling me how difficult it is trying to raise funds up there for athletics.

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

It is all relative. One of their workers was telling me how difficult it is trying to raise funds up there for athletics.

it's definitely all relative. They're near the bottom of the ACC public schools at $15M to FSU's $40M ...

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

55 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

You are absolutely correct.  There is something missing from USF students on the whole when it comes to loving their school.  Don't know if it stems from the commuter school days but there just doesn't seem to be an attachment. Sure, there may be a couple hundred that feel that attachment but doesn't seem to be many.  And, as many have pointed out before, the Yuengling Center is on campus and students can't seem to find their way there either. We've gone to music events at the Performing Arts Center on campus and they are filled with old people like us and a few friends of the kids performing. 

Not starting football in the early days was a horrible decision.  A lot people bond to the University through athletics.  I guess I’m an anomaly because I was the classic commuter student, however, I love college football.  But I do agree, I’m the exception and not the rule.