• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

It is times like these that I wish we still had someone like Lee Roy Selmon on our side. His connections to OU alone might have made a huge difference.

As for USF starting to win again-- seems like the most improbable portion based on what we saw last night.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  236
  • Days Won:  0

Allow me to do add my thoughts to this topic as I do feel it’s the single most important factor to usf athletics. As a UCF season ticket holder for over 30 years, I can tell you UCF had no choice but to build their stadium.  There were about 30 boosters that were screaming at UCF constantly about this topic weekly.  For me it was the Florida classic that was the final straw.  That game was held at the end of the season and those of us that paid enough to have reserve parking at the Citrus Bowl would show up to our dedicated parking spots only to be turned away by OPD and see vendors selling merchandise for the Florida Classic in those same spots we paid for.  Even though UCF played on that field six times a year, the field was painted for the Florida Classic and UCF had to play in it.  I distinctly remember this for Daunte Culpepper’s last game and it pissed me off.  

The renovation of the Citrus Bowl was just the last straw, UCF was going to leave the Citrus Bowl and that was just a matter of time.  The City of Orlando was not a good partner to UCF.

For usf to survive they must have an on campus stadium, there is no alternative.  I’ve watched usf and their fans trash the Bounce House over the years and I’ve just laughed at them.  Maybe it’s just jealousy but it’s not about how nice the stadium is, it’s about the campus.  No one cares about metal or rust when they are showing aerial views of a full on campus stadium.  Pro stadiums off campus stadiums can’t compete, when was the last time Pitt or Miami had a good fan turnout?

Edited by South_Tampa_Knight
  • Upvote 4

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Good post South Tampa Knight.  Thanks for sharing your story.  The original poster is also a Knight.  It's a shame UCF fans still got in here and pretend to be Bulls fans.  

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

USF needs to push hard in finishing their athletic projects and start winning  again

This.  

If you look at our old Big East mates, have any of them taken advantage of their promotion in football?  

New Year's Six bowls started in 2014.  

I don't believe WVU, Louisville, Pitt, Cuse, and of course Rutgers has made a NY6 bowl. 

You know who has?  Boise, Houston, UCF, Memphis, Cincinnati, W Michigan. 

Start winning conference championships and bowl games before next round.  There will be more rounds. 

Edited by KB

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,410
  • Days Won:  10

11 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

Army will not come.  

They will if the Air Force makes it safe first! 😉  Just kidding, just kidding.  A little interservice levity when levity is needed...

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ebayim

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, KB said:

This.  

If you look at our old Big East mates, have any of them taken advantage of their promotion in football?  

New Year's Six bowls started in 2014.  

I don't believe WVU, Louisville, Pitt, Cuse, and of course Rutgers has made a NY6 bowl. 

You know who has?  Boise, Houston, UCF, Memphis, Cincinnati, W Michigan. 

Start winning conference championships and bowl games before next round.  There will be more rounds. 

Good point, but I doubt any of the former Big East programs are bleeding money though...

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

47 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

They will if the Air Force makes it safe first! 😉  Just kidding, just kidding.  A little interservice levity when levity is needed...

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ebayim

Now that is funny.  :)

7 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

By the way there was a post on the AAC board that the Big12 was looking at adding 8 to go to 16 but passed on that with UT and OU still on board. So with their new tv contract starting in 2025 there might be another opening.

USF needs to push hard in finishing their athletic projects and start winning  again

And they need to be vocal about, make football a priority, tell the world about our plans, have a freaking vision that is football focused.  Football has been, is, and will continue to be the driver.  If the admin can't grasp that, then keep pushing on to be the Harvard of the south.  Make a financial investment into football's future and stop waiting for donors to step up.... build it and they will come.  It baffles me that the admin could not see this years ago.  When the roof was coming off the "new sombrero," that was the time to capitalize, and we did squat.  Anyway, maybe this will be the time the admin decides to wake up, and get a freaking loan, pan handle on the streets, hire of bunch of day traders, put up a craig's list ad for some bitcoin hackers...... just DO SOMETHING!  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

2 hours ago, KB said:

Good post South Tampa Knight.  Thanks for sharing your story.  The original poster is also a Knight.  It's a shame UCF fans still got in here and pretend to be Bulls fans.  

Honestly, I have no idea anymore who in this place is an actual USF fan or a ucf fan.  

Edited by ArmyBull

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

We need to be our own biggest fans.  It is showing now more than ever why we were passed over in this realignment.  We are close and there is potential but these realignments are happening for football and really football only.  If our administration and board doesn't want that, then we need to just step aside and stop pretending that we belong. No one else is going to loves us, if we do not first love ourselves.  Once we do that and begin investing into our program and pumping Green and Gold into the bay area and control what we can control.  Only then can we begin to move forward. 

We also really need our local media to step up and get involved and help make us relevant.  Living in Orlando, yes they talk about the UF, FSU, and Miami, but they really talk about UCF the city and surrounding communities are 100% behind them.  We can't say that.  We really need to begin to make better inroads in the surround Tampa Bay area, and get them behind us. Right now we feel like we have been knocked out by a flurry of blows from everywhere....

Now the hardest part is getting back up....