• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

On 7/31/2018 at 5:04 PM, Triple B said:

Considering you've provided no evidence yet to contradict it, myopic or not, it's the truth ..

4 hours ago, ECUshoein said:

The evidence has been presented by others and referenced in other threads as well as this one, its right in front of your face.  You choose to not acknowledge it, I choose to not be redundant and give credit to the guys to the east just to point out how wrong you are if you think its just 1 year of fb success.  It's a lose-lose situation for me.  

I guess we could add the other high profile, meaningless bowl game they won but if there's other compelling evidence beyond that that they'd be chosen before us, that's been presented in numerous places, right in front of my face, it shouldn't be hard for you to back it up .... Bottom line, though, is that outside of the couple of good, high profile years in football there is nothing else that separates them from us so much that they'd be a lock to be chosen over us ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,733
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Mission9 said:

The ECU contempt is the one which is puzzling. 

I have been to several USF games at ECU and have never gotten any hate from the locals even though I was decked out in USF gear. They did, however, wave a red pirate flag a lot and promise to give us no quarter. 😎

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480

On 8/1/2018 at 2:14 PM, Mission9 said:

Which "we" are you speaking of?

On 8/1/2018 at 2:28 PM, Mission9 said:

ECU fans never fail to disappoint do they?  While I think this guy is somewhat lacking the vitriol of the typical Pirate fan which likes to berate our program (and university) as inferior to their's , he is using a new tactic.  He has decided to praise another team we do not care for.  

You're REALLY missing the boat here.  I grew up in TT and have always been a proponent of USF.  I just happened to get into dental school at ECU when I registered here.  I don't have vitriol because I am logical and objective, and root for the right team.  

Basically, you are an idiot.  

22 hours ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

I have been to several USF games at ECU and have never gotten any hate from the locals even though I was decked out in USF gear. They did, however, wave a red pirate flag a lot and promise to give us no quarter. 😎

In my three years there I never once heard anyone even mention USF.  There was one prof that had a Bulls flag in her office though.  In my short time there USF didn't register at all except normal gameday stuff.  Now...the HAIL PERRIMAN incident was brought up nonstop.  

Edited by ECUshoein

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

16 hours ago, ECUshoein said:

You're REALLY missing the boat here.  I grew up in TT and have always been a proponent of USF.  I just happened to get into dental school at ECU when I registered here.  I don't have vitriol because I am logical and objective, and root for the right team.  

Basically, you are an idiot.  

Apparently you have not been active on the conference boards, social media, or boneyardbanter, or even here in the past.  The ECU fans always have something negative to say and have been the worst I have encountered for 2 games there (will not go back now), the bowl game, and all but the last game here.  Far worse than UCF even.  Keep in mind we have had Miami, West Virginia, and FSU here and I have only had minor issues  with them. 

Calling me an idiot basically means you have no argument against the fact that ECU has the most narcissistic and hateful (against anyone they perceive as having slighted them)  fanbase in college football. 

Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Next time you choose to go about casting aspersions, remember I am not the one who is member of any other team's board.  If I ever chose to do so, I do not think I would start praising a team which is clearly disliked and might even be considered their dreaded "rival".

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Mission9 said:

Apparently you have not been active on the conference boards, social media, or boneyardbanter, or even here in the past.  The ECU fans always have something negative to say and have been the worst I have encountered for 2 games there (will not go back now), the bowl game, and all but the last game here.  Far worse than UCF even.  Keep in mind we have had Miami, West Virginia, and FSU here and I have only had minor issues  with them. 

Calling me an idiot basically means you have no argument against the fact that ECU has the most narcissistic and hateful (against anyone they perceive as having slighted them)  fanbase in college football. 

I've been active here ever since I registered.  This is the only board I subscribe to aside from an Orlando Magic board.  You are an idiot because you lack logic and cast aspersions about me without knowing a thing...speaking of aspersions:

11 hours ago, Mission9 said:

Next time you choose to go about casting aspersions, remember I am not the one who is member of any other team's board.  If I ever chose to do so, I do not think I would start praising a team which is clearly disliked and might even be considered their dreaded "rival".

I didn't praise anyone, I mentioned that if they can do something, so can we.  Maybe you aren't an idiot, that remains to be seen.  You are misguided however.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Ok, go to your corners ....

:backtotopic:

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

Aresco has been asleep at the wheel. Instead of cute gimics that say "P6" he needs to be killing off our closest competition - the Mountain West. It' time to add Boise State, SDSU and others and kick out Tulsa and Tulane to get to a 16 team conference. To be part of a P6 We need the actual gap between the AAC and the rest of the G5 to be smaller that the gap between the AAC and the P5.

Wake up Aresco and grow a pair.

You can’t kick Tulsa and Tulane out unless you want a law suite. All of the AAC presidents love having Tulane and Tulsa as they are the highest academic schools in the conference. The commissioner does not have the power to throw a team out as Aresco serves at the pleasure of the college presidents.

second, SDSU and Boise would LOSE $ by coming to the AAC. Now, if Aresco gets a better TV deal than the MWC then this could be a conversation (but the two teams you identified will never be dropped).