• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

39 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

It was weird. I thought it would have easier to find that info, but there wasn’t much out there. I did think the disparity in playoff money was interesting. The money tiers appear to be locked in from playoff money to everything else. The AAC is going need a game changer to come in and help them or we will languish in this tallest  midget spot 

The real $ from last year are just starting to be reported now. I know the ACC just did this. Word on the street is that ESPN will not be carrying our tier 1 & 2 games. They did not want to pay as much as the others “perceive” they will. It looks like CBS, NBC, and FOX are in play. Of course all of this could be posturing. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

3DD802A5-6E1B-4B08-B55D-93D6DE89FE56.jpeg

Straight from grandma's coin purse...if you account for inflation and look at what we get now from years past...if I run the numbers correctly, yep we're still broke 😐

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

7 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The real $ from last year are just starting to be reported now. I know the ACC just did this. Word on the street is that ESPN will not be carrying our tier 1 & 2 games. They did not want to pay as much as the others “perceive” they will. It looks like CBS, NBC, and FOX are in play. Of course all of this could be posturing. 

ESPN is broke. They were lucky fox is starting to fold at the edges because they can’t compete

30 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

ESPN is broke. They were lucky fox is starting to fold at the edges because they can’t compete

True. For some reason I think NBC (and it’s  affiliates) are going to be carrying the majority of AAC games. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  2

This was in my feed today. The talks continue...

https://thespun.com/college-football/college-football-conference-realignment-tech

Again, back to my friend at Amazon. “We’re still seven or eight years away,” he said, “but if we had to restructure the landscape today, we would not start by negotiating with a conference. We don’t care about the SEC, Big 12 of Big 10 as a whole. In our opinion, those entities are not our focus.

“Instead, we would want to identify 30 or 40 teams that command the biggest audience. That may be by reputation or location, but generally we all know that there are members in every one of these conferences that frankly don’t move the needle.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

6 minutes ago, Landino21 said:

This was in my feed today. The talks continue...

https://thespun.com/college-football/college-football-conference-realignment-tech

Again, back to my friend at Amazon. “We’re still seven or eight years away,” he said, “but if we had to restructure the landscape today, we would not start by negotiating with a conference. We don’t care about the SEC, Big 12 of Big 10 as a whole. In our opinion, those entities are not our focus.

“Instead, we would want to identify 30 or 40 teams that command the biggest audience. That may be by reputation or location, but generally we all know that there are members in every one of these conferences that frankly don’t move the needle.

That's all well and good, but the conferences aren't going to allow individual teams to negotiate their own broadcast deals.

15 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

That's all well and good, but the conferences aren't going to allow individual teams to negotiate their own broadcast deals.

They could just leave the conference or threaten to do so.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

We usually focus on the TV networks and game access platforms for conference expansion, as the source of expansion money.

But the truth is that the teams and the powers in the NCAA decided to keep more money for the top programs (for themselves).

Until they change their minds, sadly, teams like USF and UConn will be looking for a free lunch.

When they took away the BCS, they removed chairs and USF got left out when the music stopped.

Former Big East teams like Louisville and WVU found chairs...

19 minutes ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

We usually focus on the TV networks and game access platforms for conference expansion, as the source of expansion money.

But the truth is that the teams and the powers in the NCAA decided to keep more money for the top programs (for themselves).

Until they change their minds, sadly, teams like USF and UConn will be looking for a free lunch.

When they took away the BCS, they removed chairs and USF got left out when the music stopped.

Former Big East teams like Louisville and WVU found chairs...

For now...

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,733
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Landino21 said:

generally we all know that there are members in every one of these conferences that frankly don’t move the needle.

This is exactly why the P5 moniker is a joke. Regardless of how much extra $ the crappy "P5" schools get just from being in a conference, they simply don't move the needle.