• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

17 hours ago, ToroDeFuego said:

Sorry , didn't realize I was dealing with an ESOL student. I don't have time to help you read these posts.

Really?  Just because my words are too complicated for you does not mean you need to hurl insults.  Let's be civilized, shall we?

21 hours ago, Ionbull said:

That would be funny lol . I figured it was him vetting out the candidates, making a sparks notes version of the presentation and making his recommendations. At the end of the day he doesn't have a vote, but can make an educated guess.

There always needs to be a group of people when undertaking something like this.  It becomes great fun.  The presidents decide something needs to be investigated.  They pick some people to put on a committee.  The committee puts out a request for information.  Various entities (in this case schools) create their own committees to respond to the intial committee.  The big committee picks which little committees they want to hear from.  Presentations commence, with lots of breaks for chit chat and food must be served.

The conference committee creates spreadsheets and ranking criteria with which to give the appearance of objectivity.  The committee sends an initial list of schools that should be make the final cut.  Presidents tell committee whether they are correct or not.  Committee adjusts list after the presidents tell them what the list should look like.  

Committee engages the short list of schools with more questions and due dilligence.  Committee regurlary reports back summary of these conversations.  

While all this is occurring, league presidents are all negotiating with each other as to who will get in and who won't.  This negotation includes only the schools they reall want.  These negotiations are completely undocumented.  When they are complete, school presidents inform the committee who to select.

Committee creates more documentation using all the information they have gathered, so that there is good reasoning behind the selection of the schools that are chosen.  Presidents are happy because a thorough, well documented process is completed by subordinates to cover their backsides.  Committee is happy because they always do all the work anyway, but being on the committee got them many catered lunches.

Everyone wins!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

10 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

There always needs to be a group of people when undertaking something like this.  It becomes great fun.  The presidents decide something needs to be investigated.  They pick some people to put on a committee.  The committee puts out a request for information.  Various entities (in this case schools) create their own committees to respond to the intial committee.  The big committee picks which little committees they want to hear from.  Presentations commence, with lots of breaks for chit chat and food must be served.

The conference committee creates spreadsheets and ranking criteria with which to give the appearance of objectivity.  The committee sends an initial list of schools that should be make the final cut.  Presidents tell committee whether they are correct or not.  Committee adjusts list after the presidents tell them what the list should look like.  

Committee engages the short list of schools with more questions and due dilligence.  Committee regurlary reports back summary of these conversations.  

While all this is occurring, league presidents are all negotiating with each other as to who will get in and who won't.  This negotation includes only the schools they reall want.  These negotiations are completely undocumented.  When they are complete, school presidents inform the committee who to select.

Committee creates more documentation using all the information they have gathered, so that there is good reasoning behind the selection of the schools that are chosen.  Presidents are happy because a thorough, well documented process is completed by subordinates to cover their backsides.  Committee is happy because they always do all the work anyway, but being on the committee got them many catered lunches.

Everyone wins!

Funny, and probably mostly true!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Funny, and probably mostly true!

No probably about it.  

I've been on a lot of committees in my life.  Early on I did not realize that food was by far the most important part.  

I am now older and wiser, and try to impart this wisdom to youngsters in the coroporate world.

:D

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

No probably about it.  

I've been on a lot of committees in my life.  Early on I did not realize that food was by far the most important part.  

I am now older and wiser, and try to impart this wisdom to youngsters in the coroporate world.

:D

LOL...that's how we decide which meeting or conference we go to.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  237
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.kstatecollegian.com/2016/09/13/student-leaders-oppose-byu-joining-big-12/

Student leaders oppose BYU joining Big 12 - By Jason Tidd - Sep 13, 2016

Brigham Young University’s bid to join the Big 12 Conference has found a new opponent in Kansas State’s Student Governing Association.

Three SGA leaders told the Collegian Monday they will consider writing a resolution opposing BYU’s possible acceptance into the Big 12 because of the university’s student Honor Code. The Honor Code bans homosexual behavior:

“Homosexual behavior is inappropriate and violates the Honor Code. Homosexual behavior includes not only sexual relations between members of the same sex, but all forms of physical intimacy that give expression to homosexual feelings.”

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

I guess this rules out BYU giving away a Lewinsky for a seat at the table. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Who'sYourData? said:

And the leaks from these meeting are what we see in the press and twitterverse.  It is a moving target where teams chances ebb and flow based on the back room wrangling.  Depending who your source is and what their agenda may be will influence what is heard and passed on.

And somewhere there is a forum that aggregates the "Rumors tweets etc", applies ample snark, and accumulates over a 1000 pages of documentation to be studied some day by our alien overlords explaining why we were too distracted to them coming and mount a proper defense.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

13 minutes ago, Bullschmutz said:

I guess this rules out BYU giving away a Lewinsky for a seat at the table. 

Yeah, they may be heretics, but they won't compromise their principles and kiss the ring of the homosexual mafia. Gotta respect that.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

26 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Yeah, they may be heretics, but they won't compromise their principles and kiss the ring of the homosexual mafia. Gotta respect that.

We all might not agree with them, but it is nice to see people not sell their morals to the highest bidder. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1