• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

6 minutes ago, chrisdashley said:

I wonder if Sports U would consider a trade? Joey Johnston for Knight, Fennelly & a loaf of Cuban bread...

I'd be ok with throwing in some flan if that would seal the deal.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

I’m tired of expansion talk! I like Taggart perspective and that is to ball regardless of the situation. While being a P5 school would be great, if we don’t get in we can still have success. Boise State has had more success in the past decade than a majority of these P5 programs and had BCS success. Had it been the new format, they probably would of made the playoffs the years they made BCS bowls. To me, it’s easier now than back then b/c you don’t have to get voted in the National title game, just the playoffs. Hell if we win a National title while not in the P5 that would be equivalent to back to back rings b/c it’s such a harder path. Not to mention there are a lot of hungry teams from C-USA, Sun Belt and the MWC that would love to join us and make a name for themselves. The last 2 new additions to the AAC made a BCS bowl and 3 of the other newbies were ranked last year. The AAC wil be ok and USF should b ok, as long as they keep winning and leaving the rest of their success to the football Gods.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

So... Just trying to be realistic here, but how likely is it that this is USF's last big chance to be a p5 school? At least in the next 5 or so years. 

I would guess that if we don't get into the B12 now(-ish), we aren't going anywhere anytime soon.  For the most part this activity seems to be settling down for the foreseeable future (5-8 years).

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

14 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I’m tired of expansion talk! I like Taggart perspective and that is to ball regardless of the situation. While being a P5 school would be great, if we don’t get in we can still have success. Boise State has had more success in the past decade than a majority of these P5 programs and had BCS success. Had it been the new format, they probably would of made the playoffs the years they made BCS bowls. To me, it’s easier now than back then b/c you don’t have to get voted in the National title game, just the playoffs. Hell if we win a National title while not in the P5 that would be equivalent to back to back rings b/c it’s such a harder path. Not to mention there are a lot of hungry teams from C-USA, Sun Belt and the MWC that would love to join us and make a name for themselves. The last 2 new additions to the AAC made a BCS bowl and 3 of the other newbies were ranked last year. The AAC wil be ok and USF should b ok, as long as they keep winning and leaving the rest of their success to the football Gods.

Thanks for expansion talk. :dankk2:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

47 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Joey Freakin Johnston? Who woulda thunk it?

41 minutes ago, HR Bull said:

The one that got away 

**** the Trib for mismanaging and letting the clowns from across the Bay come out on top ...

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

6 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Thanks for expansion talk. :dankk2:

LOL you got me. 

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

27 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Except for that Big12 (P5) money does make a huge difference

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

24 minutes ago, NAM37 said:

I would guess that if we don't get into the B12 now(-ish), we aren't going anywhere anytime soon.  For the most part this activity seems to be settling down for the foreseeable future (5-8 years).

The only way we get out if we are left behind is if one of the other P5 schools switches conferences and someone needs a replacement.

are there any rumors about UM trying to join the SEC yet? :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

This is the last chopper out of Saigon.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

Just now, lotsofbull99 said:

This is the last chopper out of Saigon.